Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need help with 12 disc mounting bracket part # or universal mount.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Need help with 12 disc mounting bracket part # or universal mount.

I bought a factory 12 disc from a forum member and my car does not have the mount since it did not have a changer from the factory. Does anyone have the PN for the mount or is there a universal mount for cd changers?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.,

Bart

Last edited by Speedfreaks101; 01-04-2004 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Teching In

I'm not sure if you've found the information you're looking for, but the OEM P/N is 10276577 (object #23 below). Cost me $4.07 + tax. I've noticed a lot of people asking for diagrams or photos, so I'm including the "exploded" image that I got from the dealer's part catalog earlier today. Hope this helps everyone!

TophrHwk

Old 01-28-2004, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank You
Old 06-07-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default install

I was told be several people that this mount can not be install after delivery because it is welded in at the factory.

I'm curious what method you used to install it.

thanks, Bob
Old 06-07-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ended up buying some universal mounts made by Stanley tool company from the hardware store. I cut them to fit and then used sheet metal screws to secure it in place. I did this after I went to 5 different shops and they all said the same thing.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I picked up the three brackets today, and it doesn't look that hard to install the main bracket. I just assumed that instead of welding it, I would have to drill it in several places and bolt it to the frame. I guess I'll have to look under the trunk to make sure I don't punture anything

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

I did think it odd that I purchased the 3 brackets, and no screws were supplied, nor the nut for the front bracket. Go figure.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ramairbrc
I picked up the three brackets today, and it doesn't look that hard to install the main bracket. I just assumed that instead of welding it, I would have to drill it in several places and bolt it to the frame. I guess I'll have to look under the trunk to make sure I don't punture anything

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

I did think it odd that I purchased the 3 brackets, and no screws were supplied, nor the nut for the front bracket. Go figure.

The main thing would be watch out for the gas tank, because if you puncture it you have to drop the rear end to get it out. Good luck bro.

Later,
Bart
Old 06-11-2004, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, but the gas tank is not mounted under the the cd changer area, it is between the t-tops and the back seat. I'd really have to miss my mark to hit it.

Has anyone reading this added the factory mount? Or better yet, how far back from the edge of the drop off should the player be mounted? Anyone willing to send me a picture of their factory mounted player so I can see how far back to install the braket. Thanks. Bob

ramairbrc@hotmail.com
Old 06-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ramairbrc
Has anyone reading this added the factory mount? Or better yet, how far back from the edge of the drop off should the player be mounted? Anyone willing to send me a picture of their factory mounted player so I can see how far back to install the braket. Thanks. Bob
Yes, I have done the install. I went to Lowe's and got an 8mm flat washer and 8mm nylon-threaded locking hex nut. While I was there I picked up some heavy-duty double-sided tape (1"x1" squares). You can find it in the mirrors department. The one thing to note is that the bracket goes in at an angle (back towards left-side of car) and it's a little tricky to align so that the right edge of the CD changer sits an equal distance from the T-top drop off in both the front and back (ie - so the changer doesn't sit crooked). There is already an "X" cut in the carpet for the front bolt and there is a slice in the carpet at the rear for the back, vertical part of the bracket. I dry fitted the bracket and CD changer and then held the bracket in place with one hand while pulling the changer out. Then I laid some tape down as a guide along side the bracket and that worked pretty well. The double-sided tape worked great - that thing isn't going anywhere. I used an alcohol swab to prep the back of the bracket and the metal pan under the carpet in the trunk, then I let it evaporate, so I'd have a clean surface for attaching the tape. I put eight pieces of the tape on the bottom of the bracket, leaving the protective cover on the other side. Then I installed the bracket and turned it 90 degrees so I could pull the covers on the pieces of tape off. Once you do that, carefully align the bracket and make sure you get it where you want it the first time.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Install

Thank you so much. The thing about the carpet: "There is already an "X" cut in the carpet for the front bolt and there is a slice in the carpet at the rear for the back, vertical part of the bracket." Again, very helpful. I will look for that tomorrow morning, in the light of day!

I had been trying to figure a way to cushion the mount when I installed it. I've read posts about the cd chager skipping, and thought that a little cushion might do the trick. I didn't think of double sided tape! That might just kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks again.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ttt.....
Old 02-18-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

When I got bought my changer off of someone it had a bracket on the changer but I of course didn't have one in my car. I just used the one that it came with and nothing else and haven't had a problem. I might buy the other bracket just for peace of mind