General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

why would it be doing this????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why would it be doing this????

I have a 99 camaro z28... the car has been doing this stuff where i'll turn it on and start driving , but then it'll basically start dying on me like the air flow is messed up.. i'll rev the engine and its just bogging down and seems like its chocking... it is just running like SH**.. i dont know if it could be an electrical problem, a fuel problem, or air flow problem.... It was raining really bad today and i do have an SSRA, so i dont want to say i sucked up water, but its possible could that be causing my problem.... the car seems to be lagging if that makes sense.... any input would be greatly appreciated....Thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Teching In

There is a lot that can make newer cars run like ****.Check the basics like fuel pressure, check for vacuum leaks and see if you did get water on on in your intake system and mass air sensor.Do a good visual inspection.Then if you have access to a scanner then you can check mass air,tps,ect,misfire data,fuel trim data.The list goes on.During your inspection whatever grounds you find make sure they are clean and tight.Hope this gets you started in the right direction
Old 03-29-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IF its lagging like that the engine may be pulling timing in response to abnormal conditions. Hate to repeat but I good visual once over should be followed by scan to see if you cant pinpoint the problem.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

There are a number of things that could cause this. Put a scanner on it and see if you can see anything that is not normal with the scanner.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Moving to Maint.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Addict

Take it to a muffler shop, and have them test your cat. Bet it's falling apart inside.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Does it happen only when you try to accelerate? If so, you may just need to clean your MAF. A dirty MAF can cause the PCM to cut fuel, which makes it feel like its choking.