Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does this sound?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this sound?

Sound Clip

Does this sound good to any of yall. The mufflers are behind the axle. I think that is what is killing the sound. It is also very quiet compared to other clips with single chambers.

What do yall say?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

I think it sounds pretty good.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

I don't care for it personally.
Of course its all in a matter of opinion.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Thanks gta3uzi

I like it but I don't. I really don't have the money to be throwing around to get differnt muffflers. What I really want is to move the mufflers under the rear seat and have the tips come all the way to the back like it is now.

The way my exhuast is routed it will most likely have to be redone from the H-pipe back. Will that make it sound any better? Or should I just through my old bullets back on there?

Do yall have any other suggestions?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

It sounds quite different! Noticed you are running an H pipe...im digging it man. Just sound, I like it! Is it dumped before the bumper? If you run it out past the bumper I bet it would be a bit quieter in the car.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds good to me.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got an H-pipe and longtubes. I have magnaflow bullet mufflers just behind the axle and tips out the back. This is the only sound clip that I have its WOT. Trust me it sounds amazing at any rpm and I have absolutely no rasp at all 2 1/2 pipes after the headers if that helps at all.

Listen at the end when I drive by the camera and you will hear it plus you will hear it coming towards the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo90Rb2579w
Old 04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Here is a pic of where the muffler's are loacated.

Thanks. Im glad some people like it. I need someone to drive my car and listen. Haha.

BigBirdLS1 that does sound good. I have always liked the tone magnaflow has.

Also, if I added some tips instead of the turndown tips, would it be louder?

Anymore thoughts?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm glad you like it. Believe me that the vid does not do the car justice. I get so many compliments on how my car sounds. About the turndowns I personally don't like them. I'm on of the few that actually like tips on a camaro. I see you definitely have longtubes but do you have cats. If you do those are killing alot of the sound that you are after. If you don't if you switch those mufflers for dual bullets I am 100% positive that you will LOVE it. Also from the pic you posted I see that you have the pipes run down the passenger side. Does it follow the stock exhausts route? It might make a difference but mine is routed from the headers straight back under the axle . The H pipe is located just in front of the trans. Ground clearance isn't bad but I have to worry about braking the exhaust with the rear axle every time I jack it up though. But for the sound mine has its TOTALLY worth it.

I just noticed you are in AL. What part you from? I'm 20 min. west of huntsville.

Last edited by BigBirdLS1; 04-06-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
I'm glad you like it. Believe me that the vid does not do the car justice. I get so many compliments on how my car sounds. About the turndowns I personally don't like them. I'm on of the few that actually like tips on a camaro. I see you definitely have longtubes but do you have cats. If you do those are killing alot of the sound that you are after. If you don't if you switch those mufflers for dual bullets I am 100% positive that you will LOVE it. Also from the pic you posted I see that you have the pipes run down the passenger side. Does it follow the stock exhausts route? It might make a difference but mine is routed from the headers straight back under the axle . The H pipe is located just in front of the trans. Ground clearance isn't bad but I have to worry about braking the exhaust with the rear axle every time I jack it up though. But for the sound mine has its TOTALLY worth it.

I just noticed you are in AL. What part you from? I'm 20 min. west of huntsville.
I have heard and seen this car countless times and it sounds GREAT!!! I am not a huge fan of the way your car sounds but that is just my opinion...if you like then keep it
Old 04-07-2010, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Here is a sound clip when I had dynomax bullets. Clip I think I want these back now. Haha.

I think if I get the drivers side rerouted straight back like your talking about and put the mufflers under the rear seats it will sound better or just slap the bullets back on.

I am in Tuscaloosa. About 25 min. away from birimingham.

Thanks everybody.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:38 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty raspy
Old 04-07-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

wtf size pipe is that? looks tiny.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats not even raspy...its like...gargled...ew. i think until you go with a better design its not ever going to sound quite right. i'de start saving up if i were you.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

I like it with the dynamax...that may be what I use based on that
Old 04-08-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you think you should put the dynomax bullets back in do it. I can't listen to the clip on my blackberry but IMO it will sound a lot better with the bullets and an h pipe. If you decide to run the exhaust like I did be sure to use an h pipe to connect the 2 sides. I'm no expert but I think it acts like a big resonator to kill the rasp and there isn't enough exhaust flowing through it to create any drone inside the car. Some may say that it loses hp cause of restriction but its 2.5 inch pipe and mods in sig I dynoed 340 rwhp 350 rwtq on the factory tune. I hope this helps you make up your mind. Good luck.