Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Right side Pads rubbing on rotor any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right side Pads rubbing on rotor any advice?

I just did a front pad and rotor install on my 01 WS6. Did the install the way its suppose to be done i think lol. I go down the road and notice my pads are dragging on my rotor on the right to where it started smoking. Left side does not do this. I took everything back off and everything seemed fine. I noticed when i put the wheel back on before i took it out i couldnt turn the wheel with my hands like i could with the left. Anyone got any advice on what i could have done wrong?

*EDIT* The rotor spins fine until i start bolting the wheel back on and once i get a few lug nuts on then im not able to spin my wheel at all. Im giving up for this morning and gonna catch some rest if anyone can give me any advice on what to do that be great thanks so much.

Last edited by CGriff04; 03-30-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Bad caliper? I dont know why having the wheel on or off would make a difference unless the wheel was hitting the caliper, but it could be a stuck caliper piston or slides. Did you grease the slide pins?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by spy2520
Bad caliper? I dont know why having the wheel on or off would make a difference unless the wheel was hitting the caliper, but it could be a stuck caliper piston or slides. Did you grease the slide pins?
I was kinda thinking that. Ya its not hitting what so ever. The rotor spins freely until i start putting the lug nuts back on and once that happens it becomes really hard to turn the wheel and once you put all the lugs on you arent able to turn the wheel at all
Old 03-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Found problem. The pads were too thick and when i would go bolt the wheel back on and it pushes the rotor flush they was no room for the pads and they was all the way against the rotor.

Quick Reply: Right side Pads rubbing on rotor any advice?