PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the DiabloSport Predator and custom tune.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question about the DiabloSport Predator and custom tune.

Forgive me if this has come up before but I want to be sure this is fine before I do it.

So I have one of the orginal models of the Predator I got back like in 2002. Anyways since then the car underwent lots of changes and its been custom tuned (EFI live) for many years now.

Now before the custom tune was applied I restored the factory tune back from the predator, essentially unlocking it like its never been used. Since then I've only used it for reading codes if they come up.

My question is can I use the predator to change things like shift points and tire size against my custom tune without messing anything else up? This would save me time and would be less burdensome for my tuner. If I can do this can anybody list the steps involved, or do I just plug in and change what I want? I just don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks in advance.

I also found this thread regarding my question, but I still would like some more 1st hand experience.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...stom-tune.html
Old 03-30-2010, 10:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yes, the information from that other thread applies to your scenario as well...

as long as a custom OS wasn't used by the efi-live tuner, and as long as they didn't lock your pcm, you'll be fine.

HOWEVER...

it depends on what revision your old predator is on...

because if it's a real old one on a 1.xx revision, then it will not unlock, even after restoring the original backup.

when the predator powers up and is at the main menu, there's a number at the top of the screen... that's the revision number... what is it?

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-30-2010, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yes, the information from that other thread applies to your scenario as well...

as long as a custom OS wasn't used by the efi-live tuner, and as long as they didn't lock your pcm, you'll be fine.

HOWEVER...

it depends on what revision your old predator is on...

because if it's a real old one on a 1.xx revision, then it will not unlock, even after restoring the original backup.

when the predator powers up and is at the main menu, there's a number at the top of the screen... that's the revision number... what is it?
Great I'll check tonight and let you know.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry had an emergency last night...

The version # is 1.03

Thanks
Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

that is olllllld...

that predator will not unlock, even after you do a restore original backup...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

that is olllllld...

that predator will not unlock, even after you do a restore original backup...
LOL so the only thing its good for is reading codes huh, that sucks.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well, you could send it in for diablosport's upgrade program... and for $99, you'll get back a brand new version of the unit and will have full functionality, new features, better/updated tunes, ability to save/record data logs, etc etc.

here's info on the upgrade program:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...wtopic&t=10946

Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 AM
11 Second Club

well, you could send it in for diablosport's upgrade program... and for $99, you'll get back a brand new version of the unit and will have full functionality, new features, better/updated tunes, ability to save/record data logs, etc etc.

here's info on the upgrade program:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?nam...wtopic&t=10946

Wow that looks like a great option. I am very interested. Am I gonna get whacked a $50 for unlocking even though I put the factory tune back on?

For $100 and having all those upgrades I'll do it. What's the turn around time usually?

Last edited by DannoWS6; 04-05-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Wow that looks like a great option. I am very interested. Am I gonna get whacked a $50 for unlocking even though I put the factory tune back on?

For $100 and having all those upgrades I'll do it. What's the turn around time usually?
As long as you restored the backup, its just $99.

Turnaround is generally about 2 weeks, as it is a process thats done by hand...but like you said, its a great upgrade well worth the money.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
As long as you restored the backup, its just $99.

Turnaround is generally about 2 weeks, as it is a process thats done by hand...but like you said, its a great upgrade well worth the money.
Great thanks. If it give's me the ability to tweak those settings I need and datalog it's worth it to me. I'll be sending in my predator soon.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

cool man... sounds good!