Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Issues Not Sure whats broke..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 Issues Not Sure whats broke..........

K So I Finaly Got the Motor Back in my 94' z and got it Running. But When I try and Do a Hard launch it Misses 3rd Gear Completely and Will go into 4th and sixth but not 3rd or 5th. And it Has troubles getting into Reverse Sometimes. and Once and Awhile you can get it into any gear it feels Like. I dont think its the Skip Shift that is the PRoblem, the guy i bought it off of said thats what is was.
But if you drive the Car With ease it will Shift ok But still Sometimes has Trouble Gettin into 5th it seems Like.

And if I Do Have to Tear this Down HOw much will it be to Rebuild like 500 or 1000? I Already have gone over Budget on this Car So I Realy hope this isnt to Much To Fix.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Syncros are your problem. You can have the whole thing done for about $600 including parts. Being an LT1 you dont have much problems with the clutch master cylinder. I wouldnt recommend rebuilding it yourself. There's alot of **** in there that can go wrong. I rebuilt mine and from now on I'll pay someone to do it for me. It was a nightmare.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok I figured this out. The Shifter Is Pretty Wore out and the Plastic Piece there the ball rides from the shifter to the tranny is Shot. So I am just going to buy a new shifter
Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yup New Shifter Fixed it. I Went with the hurst pro Billet. Love it.

Quick Reply: T56 Issues Not Sure whats broke..........