Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Can i use my Alpine HU to power the sail panel speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can i use my Alpine HU to power the sail panel speakers?

I was looking to replace my sail panel speakers since one of them is blown, so basically right now i just have components up front with a sub in back. I have a 4 channel amp with 2 going up front and 2 going to the sub. So if i bought some CDT midbass speakers from KEE will that be enough to power them to sound good or will they be underpowered?

Thanks Mike
Old 03-31-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 92SilverSHO
I was looking to replace my sail panel speakers since one of them is blown, so basically right now i just have components up front with a sub in back. I have a 4 channel amp with 2 going up front and 2 going to the sub. So if i bought some CDT midbass speakers from KEE will that be enough to power them to sound good or will they be underpowered?

Thanks Mike
your asking if just the headunit itself will drive the midbass speakers correct? it should be fine i mean it would sound way better being driven by an amp but the headunit should do the job. i have two 6.5 subwoofers in my quarters and its powered by my pioneer hu they sound pretty damn good way better than the stock ones that were in there.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92SilverSHO
I have a 4 channel amp with 2 going up front and 2 going to the sub. Thanks Mike
Based on the info above, you have already stated they will be underpowered. An extra amp, either for the 2 rears separate, or re-routed to the Sub, would be needed to balance the speaker power outputs.
Unless of course, you are expecting there to be a 2nd, hidden, magical Monsoon amp in the mix