Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone experienced this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anyone experienced this?

So heres the story... I stop at the bar tonight to say high to some friends and my buddy wants to hear my car. Occassionally I'll have some issues with idle when i start it up and it will die a couple of times. So the first three times I start it it dies which is fine I guess. Then I turn the key and there is nothing, lights stop working and everything. It appears the battery is dead except for some sort of ticking electrically under my air box some where along with that, my alarm light is blinking extremely fast. When I turn the key, both of these go away but nothing happens still. I tried messing with the battery connection but nothing works. I tried jumping it, nothing happens. Also, my key fob does nothing nor do the power locks work. Then all of a sudden, i hit my key fob and my door locks work, I get in and the car starts instantly but barely wants to idle. I drive it home and it dies once at a stop light. I get it home into the garage and it is idling fine.

Has anyone had anything like this happen before? I drove it all last night and a little today and it ran perfect until I went to start it tonight at the bar.

WTF!!!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude i had the same thing happen to me a few months back and i couldnt figure itout. i have the same clicking noise under the dash some times aswell..only happened one time. but iv only drove my car maybe 1000 miles in the last 2 years
Old 04-03-2010, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the second time in 2 years. From what I've been told its the chip in the key that is causing the problem. The chip can be tuned out which is nice and they say that will never happen again afterwards