Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1968 Camaro LS2 clutch mc

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 04:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1968 Camaro LS2 clutch mc

My 1968 Camaro project is finally finished. I have an LS2 with the T56 out of an 05' GTO in it. However, my clutch master cylider is leaking in the floor board. I used all the parts off of the GTO and have the original Camaro clutch pedal.
The cmc was used, but could I have damaged it by say bottoming out the piston inside it? I just assumed it would only travel so far, but have seen a few comments about cmc piston travel. Could it be traveling farther now with the Camaro pedal than it did with the GTO pedal?

thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same problem in my 67 mustang conversion. i have been told we need a new slave cylinder. tick performance has a better one.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The slave is in the belhousing on my unit, so it is not the slave. I talked with a guy over the weekend who does these conversions for a living. He stated that the piston in the master could damage the master if it bottomed out, due to too much pedal travel. The master could also be damaged if the angle of the piston to the pedal attachment point is off, putting the piston in a bind. I believe my anlge is good, but that the piston is bottoming out.