General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

somewhat lagging...and noise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default somewhat lagging...and noise?

So i took my trans am out on the interstate for the first time since the accident and got it back..a total of 2 months. Maybe it's just me..but it seemed to be somewhat of a chore to keep the bird at 70 mph. It almost seemed a bit under powered. I have a front wings west lip on the car now, and i even thought maybe it could be not getting enough air? but i think thats doubtful. I changed the plugs back in september I believe, the air filter is clean. I recently replaced the pads and rotors with a friend, and I thought maybe a caliper was sticking? So I took the car out of gear, thinking if its sticking it'll slow faster, but it didnt seem to slow any quicker than normal. Any thoughts?

Also, When im at idle, i can feel something knocking around in the engine compartment. I thought it was my exhaust. I took it to the exh. shop and he went over the car saying nothing's hitting. I know a few bushings will need replacing, and motor mounts down the line, but this started after i got my car back from the shop. Any thoughts?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you possibly record some video of the knocking noise and post it...preferrably and under the hood shot.