Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which shocks an springs for the street to hook?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which shocks an springs for the street to hook?

Hey guys i've got BMR poly/rod adj control arms, adj panhard rod, adj torque arm, torque arm relocation for an M6, an full length subframe connectors with a 12-bolt. I'm trying to figure out which is gonna be the best way to lower the back of my car to hook an sit better?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by LSWNDR
Hey guys i've got BMR poly/rod adj control arms, adj panhard rod, adj torque arm, torque arm relocation for an M6, an full length subframe connectors with a 12-bolt. I'm trying to figure out which is gonna be the best way to lower the back of my car to hook an sit better?
i actually cut a coil off my stock springs to lower it and it seemed to launch better after that. ive never had anyother springs on it so i cant comment on that
Old 04-03-2010, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres more to getting a car to hook than springs!!!

Tires, Shocks, weight, gearing..ect.

I would look into geting some shocks, depending on what your goals are or if you like to drive the car plays a big factor in what you may want to choose.

Iv got Strange Rear Single Adj. Shocks and factory springs. Some say you need doubles to keep the 6 speed from unloading hte tires after they plant but unless your going to make 10,000 passes a year, I didnt see that I needed them. But with the Factory Springs, Take the isolator out and it drops the car about 1/2in maybe 3/4s. I havent had it to the track as Im still waiting for more parts to show up..but I do like to drive the car and it will be driven.

With a 6 speed(if your wanting good times) Look into geting a set of 15in wheels for the track and running a Bias Ply Tire. After a few times down the track with 2.0 60fts..youll change your mind on running Drag Radials and youll get a real tire..

I wouldnt suggest cutting the factory spring, it changes the rate, witch sometimes can be for the better but Im not a suspension expert.

Iv seen some good 60fts cut with the BMR springs and they still ride very nicely. I would around and see what everyone runs and likes..
Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1.50 60ft times all last year with my old set-up. More seat time and I would have got down to the mid 1.40's. Stock springs but with a coil and a half cut out.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 208 Likes on 93 Posts

Here's my combo

Front shocks: QA1 12ways (set at 2)
Front springs: 300lb (if close to stock weight)
Rear: Sphon Rear Coil Over kit (comes w/ QA1 12 ways & your choice of spring)
(shocks set at 8). The Sphon kit requires some welding but enables you to set the rear ride height wherever the hell you want
Tires: MT 295/45 (if running 17's)

My car runs 11.0/teens and dead hooks on the street w/ above combo. Some ppl
may consider overkill but if you're gonna do it right, do it right the first time!