General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My car died for no reason..

Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car died for no reason..

As I was pulling into my parents complex to wash it the engine started bogging like it wasn't getting any fuel. It died 20ft from the parking spot and I coasted in to a stop thank god.. all fluids are good, didn't overheat, no fluids on the ground, voltage is fine, brand new air filter with nothing blocking it. Starts right back up and sounds fine, no banging or ticking.. Then dies again. I just installed some new headers about two weeks ago and got it tuned, ran like a dream until now. The spark plug wires aren't touching the headers, they're not melted. My buddy is going to stop by later with a scanner, think I should prepare for a huge shop raping?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is car and are the headers race style? what intake manifold is on car?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Teching In

1998 ws6. Engine is stock, just have some MAC headers, Borla exhaust, and an SLP lid.

We scanned it - turned out being a loose MAP sensor. Not sure why or how it popped out of the little clip but hey I'm not complaining.. all it took was some bloody forearms and an afternoon of worrying.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Hey thats my future set up at the moment i got mac headers an flowmaster jut bought some borla have in garage waiting to get car back from shop to install how
does it sound???

Search this Thread