Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and suspension mod suggestions for my WS6

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headers and suspension mod suggestions for my WS6

Just picked up a bone stock 2002 WS6. I'm doing LT's and some suspension work here soon and wanted some feedback about the Pacesetter Coated LT's and what lowering springs would go good with my set of KYB AGX shocks. I'm leaning towards the Strano's at the moment or the Eibach Pro Kit. Car won't be a track car....more of a daily driver during the Spring/Summer months.

Thanks all!

Elliott
Old 04-02-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Pacesetters are definitely one of the best bang for the buck headers. If you still have not purchased a set of LT i would highly consider looking at TSP 1 7/8 headers. my buddy got rid of his pacesetters for the TSP 17/8 headers and they fit like a glove. Also the TSP headers price is almost the same as pacesetters so i would definitely look into that.

As far as springs go, i do think eibach pro kit gives our cars the best looking stance. Alot of people will tell you to go with strano but i didnt like how the car sits. I actually ended up getting a set of BMR lowering springs.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Engine
-debaffle hood and seal the air box
-Lid
-Port and Polished TB
-Pacesetter Coated headers
-y-pipe
-catback
-Under Drive Pulley
-mail order tune from "Frost"

Suspension
-Koni shocks/struts
-Strano Springs
-Strano Sway bars
-Lower Control arms with relocation brackets.
-panhard bar

Should be looking at a little over 400hp at the fly and a very well manered car. If you have a manual I'd suggest the drill mod on your master. And if you are auto, a stall and tranny cooler.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Good info and thanks. The UD Pulleys, any issues with over heating or the alternator having issues with around town driving? Any real gain with a ported and polished TB? It's a M6 so this suggestion about "The drill Mod on the master" what's that all about?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Elliott's94Z
Good info and thanks. The UD Pulleys, any issues with over heating or the alternator having issues with around town driving? Any real gain with a ported and polished TB? It's a M6 so this suggestion about "The drill Mod on the master" what's that all about?

Thanks!
If you have an upgraded stereo system with an amp I'd skip the UD pulley, but with the stock system it is fine. You won't need to worry about overheating. Normal gains with a P&P TB is around 5-7hp. Well worth it for $65. The drill mod is where you drill the master cylinder line to allow more fluid to flow. Makes for smoother shifts and better engagment of the clutch. Click on the "want to install a master cylinder yourself? Click here!" link in my sig. It'll will show you how to do it.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
If you have an upgraded stereo system with an amp I'd skip the UD pulley, but with the stock system it is fine. You won't need to worry about overheating. Normal gains with a P&P TB is around 5-7hp. Well worth it for $65. The drill mod is where you drill the master cylinder line to allow more fluid to flow. Makes for smoother shifts and better engagment of the clutch. Click on the "want to install a master cylinder yourself? Click here!" link in my sig. It'll will show you how to do it.
It's a bone stock 2002 WS6 w/ 25k original miles a Hurst Short Shift and Monsoon stereo. I couldn't imagine it shifting better then it already does. Really nice shifts. Where could I pick up this $65 TB? Just watched your video on how to install springs. Good stuff and great info! I appreciate it.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's a bone stock 2002 WS6 w/ 25k original miles a Hurst Short Shift and Monsoon stereo. I couldn't imagine it shifting better then it already does. Really nice shifts. Where could I pick up this $65 TB? Just watched your video on how to install springs. Good stuff and great info! I appreciate it.
The hurst shifter is nothing special, felt like I was rowing a boat personally. I got a Lou's short stick to use with the stock shifter and it was ok. I eventually got a MGW shifter and its great, way better than stock with short crisp shifts that arn't bulky or notchy like other aftermarket shifters are.
Also if the car is a DD you may not want to lower it at all, especially on stock or cheap replacement shocks which will make it ride like a dump truck. Lowering the car or not you want to pick up some good performance shocks (bilstiens at the minimum, and konis if you want jaw dropping handling, control and feel - night and day difference and I wouldn't own another fbody without them).
Old 04-02-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where could I pick up this $65 TB?
pm one of the members on here that does them. "Damian" or "TheSilverGhost". You send your throttle body to them and they will Port and polish it and send it back to you. Turn around is usually around a week.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Thanks!
You can get a UD Pulley, as well as a overdrive pulley for the alternator, so you'll have no charging issues, both made by ASP i think you can get them from TSP or other sponsors.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
The hurst shifter is nothing special, felt like I was rowing a boat personally. I got a Lou's short stick to use with the stock shifter and it was ok. I eventually got a MGW shifter and its great, way better than stock with short crisp shifts that arn't bulky or notchy like other aftermarket shifters are.
Also if the car is a DD you may not want to lower it at all, especially on stock or cheap replacement shocks which will make it ride like a dump truck. Lowering the car or not you want to pick up some good performance shocks (bilstiens at the minimum, and konis if you want jaw dropping handling, control and feel - night and day difference and I wouldn't own another fbody without them).
Huh, I like how it shifts. They shifts are short and spot on. Maybe it shift well because it only has 25k on it. I would never own one of these cars if it were a DD. That's just me though. I had the Eibach Pro Kit w/ the KYB Gas Adj and it drove nice. There is no way in hell I would spend the money on Konis at that sticker price. Not saying it's not worth the several hundred $$$ more. If it was a DD for me I might consider them but it's not.

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
pm one of the members on here that does them. "Damian" or "TheSilverGhost". You send your throttle body to them and they will Port and polish it and send it back to you. Turn around is usually around a week.
Thanks man I will look into this.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Banned

Anyone know where I could buy a set of front and rear clear or smoked bumper running lights. The orange ones aren't cutting it for me with the silver.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Congrats on the buy! Post some pics bro!