Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

anyone have experience with the KW coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have experience with the KW coilovers?

I'm curious how the ride is with the CTS-V's? I am looking at possibly picking them up, as I am pretty sure I can get them for about $1400......but I dont want the car to have a horrible ride with them, so am curious if anyone has experience with their own V.

thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Can you share where you found them for 1400? The KW's are supposed to be the best kit out there for the V's, but the cheapest I have found was around 1800.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ITSAV
I'm curious how the ride is with the CTS-V's? I am looking at possibly picking them up, as I am pretty sure I can get them for about $1400......but I dont want the car to have a horrible ride with them, so am curious if anyone has experience with their own V.

thanks

The KW's are great, Haven't seen anyone offering them for less than 1800......... Better jump on that before they change there mind
Old 04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

well I have a wholesale setup through a vendor, but since they dont normally stock them, it's not as cheap as I thought it would be instead its 1600.....o well, I still got to figure out if I want to go that route or not...

thanks for the responses
Old 04-08-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I have them on my car and think the ride is fantastic. About the same as it was with the FG2s, if not a little better. A buddy of mine borrowed the car and he commented on how smooth the ride was. When I installed them I elected to swap out the rear springs from the "standard" 9kg/mm (~500#/in) to 10kg/mm (~570#/in) to match the fronts, since the OEM setup is matched front and rear.

I've done 3 track days with them, and just a few weeks ago did a 5500-mile cross-country trek with the car fully loaded. The suspension handled both extremes without issue.

Where are you located? I'd be happy to let you feel the ride first-hand if you're somewhere around the DC area.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
I have them on my car and think the ride is fantastic. About the same as it was with the FG2s, if not a little better. A buddy of mine borrowed the car and he commented on how smooth the ride was. When I installed them I elected to swap out the rear springs from the "standard" 9kg/mm (~500#/in) to 10kg/mm (~570#/in) to match the fronts, since the OEM setup is matched front and rear.

I've done 3 track days with them, and just a few weeks ago did a 5500-mile cross-country trek with the car fully loaded. The suspension handled both extremes without issue.

Where are you located? I'd be happy to let you feel the ride first-hand if you're somewhere around the DC area.
Thanks man I appreciate letting me know how well they do and everything....I appreciate the offer to ride in the car so I can feel it, but sadly I'm in Springfield MO, so that'd be quite a drive for me lol

thanks again

Quick Reply: anyone have experience with the KW coilovers?