Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injection gas tanks

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel injection gas tanks

Hello I am thinking about having a custom gas tank manufacturer make a tank made for my 67 chevelle that would incorporate baffling and a 255 walbro pump,sending unit etc. My question is would anyone else be interested in having an aluminum tank made to work out something along the lines for a group purchase? I do not currently like the options available and I am not willing to spend over a grand for a stainless tank or buy a tank that will starve the pickup under hard acceleration or cornering if it falls below 1/2 tank. I know there are other options, and workarounds but not a simple, effective, and reasonably priced stock sized drop in alternative.( at least that I am aware of) Ideally this tank would incorporate a late model fuel pump module or similar design to have a bucket that keeps the pump submerged and would function as a surge tank. I think if enough people are interested it might be a great alternative. I just wanted to see how many might be interested. I imagine since the tanks would be custom made this MAY apply to other vehicles/setups. Let me know.
Thanks
Brad