Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*

got my headers in today and just wondering if they are supposed to be like this or if i got ripped off... first off, as u can see in the pics, the flanges arent flat it looks like the pipe is extending out a little so it's not level... lt's like they over welded or something... also the ports are not very circular they are more like an octogon or whatever... the lip of the port kinda sticks out into the tube a little on some of the ports which is not good for maximum flow.... overall these headers seem pretty nice but im my main concern is the fact that the surface of the flanges arent flat and level and that when they are bolted up it's not going to be a good seal... u will see in the pics.
also, i thought on both headers the o2 sensor screws into the inner side of the header... on the passenger header i got the o2 bung is on the outer side of the header?! any info will be helpful... thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*-header1.jpg   got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*-header2.jpg   got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*-header3.jpg   got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*-header4.jpg  
Old 04-03-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you buy those new? If those are genuine hooker brand headers I would contact hooker ASAP and give them the pics. It looks like a quality problem IMHO if I was to receive headers in that shape I wouldn't use them those are a **** poor job assembling at best. Hope you get it figured out.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
Did you buy those new? If those are genuine hooker brand headers I would contact hooker ASAP and give them the pics. It looks like a quality problem IMHO if I was to receive headers in that shape I wouldn't use them those are a **** poor job assembling at best. Hope you get it figured out.
yes i bought these brand new from ws6store.com..... so these dont look right, and i shouldnt use them??
Old 04-03-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they dont look right at all ws6 store has great customer service im sure they will exchange them for you without a problem
Old 04-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by therobman
they dont look right at all ws6 store has great customer service im sure they will exchange them for you without a problem
damn.. and i was going to have them put on this week too...
i'm going to call them monday and send them back.... i knew i should've gotten the Pacesetters
Old 04-03-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, those are the weirdest headers I've ever seen. Looks like they were made in Mexico or something kinda like knock offs, instead of Hooker headers they are "Booker headers".
Old 04-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Launching!

yea i know... i dont know alot about headers but when i first saw those i thought they didnt look right at all....
another thing i was confused about is that i thought the o2 bung on both headers was located on the inner part of the collector... well on one of these the o2 bung is on the outter part..
Old 04-03-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, RETURN THEM!!! WS6 store is awesome and will take care of you.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
Yes, RETURN THEM!!! WS6 store is awesome and will take care of you.
yeah i've never had a problem with them before.... i'm definately going to return them i just don't know if i should get another set of hookers or go with the pacesetters now... cause if all the hookers are anything like the ones i just got then they are ****
Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Launching!

well i just took these headers out to a GM mechanic to get his opinion and he said they look fine... he's going to be putting them on for me next saturday... he said there wasn't anything wrong with them and they would be fine....

do u guys think i should put them on or send them back? and a couple people said they look weird and look like knockoffs.... can you please specify exactly what it is about them that doesn't look right?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

They look like some **** out of a J.C. Whitney catalog. I wouldnt put those on a pinto.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ss1129
They look like some **** out of a J.C. Whitney catalog. I wouldnt put those on a pinto.
I'm going with this
Old 04-03-2010, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

wow id be sending those back for sure...
Old 04-03-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brandon_01_ta
well i just took these headers out to a GM mechanic to get his opinion and he said they look fine... he's going to be putting them on for me next saturday... he said there wasn't anything wrong with them and they would be fine....

do u guys think i should put them on or send them back? and a couple people said they look weird and look like knockoffs.... can you please specify exactly what it is about them that doesn't look right?
Get that mechanic to put that statement in writing, because you'll be taking it back to him with an exhaust leak.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Launching!

i'm getting all these replies that say that look like **** and that nobody would put these on... but can somebody tell me exactly what it is about them that is so shitty and why u wouldn't use them??
Old 04-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

i'm getting all these replies that say that look like **** and that nobody would put these on... but can somebody tell me exactly what it is about them that is so shitty and why u wouldn't use them??
the flange is messed up and end up getting a header leak and you dont want that
Old 04-03-2010, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Reread your first post.. THATS why. you said first they look like **** and now some mechanic says they are fine and you change your tune.. id send that **** back. im surprised WS6store would even send something out like that. unless they shipped directly from hooker.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1BADTALS1
Reread your first post.. THATS why. you said first they look like **** and now some mechanic says they are fine and you change your tune.. id send that **** back. im surprised WS6store would even send something out like that. unless they shipped directly from hooker.
yeah maybe i shouldn't have been so suggestive in my first post that they look like ****... i really didnt know what they were supposed to look like they just looked a little different than what i expected and didnt look like great quality... after the mechanic told me they were ok then i felt a little eased but after all of you guys' opinions im gonna send them back for sure.... this sucks
Old 04-03-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would at least contact the seller and send some more detailed pics to get their opinion. You want that to be flush and not raised up. You better check before you put them on or you will regret it.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Hope that GM Mech. got a belt sander or is good at grinding cus thos bitches gonna leak!!

Send them back, they gasket wont seal up because of the were the tubes were set and welded in..

Quick Reply: got my hooker headers in today.....did i get ripped?? pics*