Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1990 mustang swap 6.0-t56 magnum

Old 04-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 mustang swap 6.0-t56 magnum

has anyone used the AJE caster camber plates . i think they sent me the wrong ones. if anyone has any pics of them on there car that would be awesome.

Thanks

http://lsxfox.hqforums.com/90-notch-vt80.html
Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What do yours look like? I have a set too and they dont fit me coupe either. Not only that but the powdercoating is flacking off them. They look like crap.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Heres what mine look like.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Teching In

heres what they look like. they better do something about this. they sent me the wrong cross member 3 times. and the bad thing is they called me and told me it was wrong.
Attached Thumbnails 1990 mustang swap 6.0-t56 magnum-imag0050.jpg  
Old 04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Those are supposed to be the new universal ones. They dont fit. I have the version before those. I was gonna order a set of those one too.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dmracing
Those are supposed to be the new universal ones. They dont fit. I have the version before those. I was gonna order a set of those one too.
Yeah they don't fit . i found this in my searches but they don't look nothing like the ones i have. the ones i have have 7 & 8 STRAIGHT EDGES THERE SIT SAYS 6 & 7 for the drivers side and passenger side. sent them a email but i will be on the phone with them early Monday morning.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...ck/shocks.html

looks like you have to Cut the top of the strut tower. And i just had the engine bay painted

mine might be for sale if they say i have to cut the tower

Last edited by crazystangg306; 04-03-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crazystangg306
Yeah they don't fit . i found this in my searches but they don't look nothing like the ones i have. the ones i have have 7 & 8 STRAIGHT EDGES THERE SIT SAYS 6 & 7 for the drivers side and passenger side. sent them a email but i will be on the phone with them early Monday morning.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...ck/shocks.html

looks like you have to Cut the top of the strut tower. And i just had the engine bay painted

mine might be for sale if they say i have to cut the tower

Some chassis fabricators do that for more angle at the track. I believe you dont have to cut the towers for them to work.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Some chassis fabricators do that for more angle at the track. I believe you don't have to cut the towers for them to work.

well i got them in there . opened up the bolt holes a lil bit. but you can only get to one of the adjustment screws. and the strut bolt hits the tower. both sides. looks like i will be doing some more grinding. i will post some pics in a bit . gonna charge up the camera and stop using the phone. where about downriver are you located ?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i got them in there . opened up the bolt holes a lil bit. but you can only get to one of the adjustment screws. and the strut bolt hits the tower. both sides. looks like i will be doing some more grinding. i will post some pics in a bit . gonna charge up the camera and stop using the phone. where about downriver are you located ?
Ive got the aje caster camber plates too. I didnt care a whole lot for coming underneath the car but have heard thats better for drag racing. I also had to do some grinding for the strut bolts too. Post pics so I can make sure I got mine right. I was confused and the directions where terrible.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry, Ive been in and out. Running around getting last minute Easter things. I live in Lincoln Park, Dix and Moran area.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Sorry, Ive been in and out. Running around getting last minute Easter things. I live in Lincoln Park, Dix and Moran area.
That's funny i stay like 3 minutes away from you in Ecorse
Old 04-03-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Let me know what all you needed to do to make them fit?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Let me know what all you needed to do to make them fit?
Well After playing phone tag with AJE Racing. They told me that i have to make them fit by drilling new bolt holes. they told me to center the caster camber plate and drill new holes. because ford made two different bolt patterns. looks like i might be going to get new caster camber plates from Team Z.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Well After playing phone tag with AJE Racing. They told me that i have to make them fit by drilling new bolt holes. they told me to center the caster camber plate and drill new holes. because ford made two different bolt patterns. looks like i might be going to get new caster camber plates from Team Z.
I opened up the bolt holes and opened up the strut tower bolt hole. here is a before and after of the passenger side. I still have to do the driver side. then repaint the tops of the tower's o yeah and to get the drivers side plate to work. I had to grind on the caster camber plate a lil bit. i will get some pics of that when i get home from work tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails 1990 mustang swap 6.0-t56 magnum-imag0057.jpg   1990 mustang swap 6.0-t56 magnum-imag0059.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1990 mustang swap 6.0-t56 magnum