Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

need some good advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some good advice

hey there ive recently finished the exterior of my car by myself, i have a 2002 v6:/ thats murdered out, i did the whistler mod yesterday, it came out alright, the only problem i have is my headlights keep foggin up after i sand and polish the **** out of them and it just makes the car look horrible, i also just got cherry bombs on my car and i want a highflow cat and a cold air intake, problem is i dont have alot of money to spend and dont wanna buy the k&n intake cuz its 390 bucks, i considered building my own but i cant really find a good example on here on how to do it, i wanna get my car to perform good, sound good (for a v6) and look good, if u guys have any advice let me know please
Old 04-03-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I got this kit for my mom's Camaro. She loves it! Only $45, and simple to install.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 PM

where did u get it from? and i have a k&n cone filter to put on it and where does it go too? behind the fog light?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, behind the fog light. Though it does come with it's own cone - nice one too.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:39 PM

oh alright cool ill for sure get one by next week
Old 04-03-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is it just me or does that intake look pretty restrictive? The spot where it's pinched together.

If you want my advice, I'd say leave it stock performance wise. A cheap intake is ok, but I wouldn't do much more than that. I don't see the point of dumping money into a V6 f-body in order to make it faster.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SKZ28
If you want my advice, I'd say leave it stock performance wise. A cheap intake is ok, but I wouldn't do much more than that. I don't see the point of dumping money into a V6 f-body in order to make it faster.
i feel the same. all i did with my camaro was exhaust, other than that, appearance all the way. i never saw the need/point to dump money into it performance wise.

but, as far as perforance stuff goes, id recommend checking out www.fullthrottleV6.com -its v6 f-body forum, so i'm sure you'll probably find a lot more useful info there, as well as more people working with them. the times that i did look up non-appearance stuff for the camaro, i always found more info there.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 04-03-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:46 PM

yeah it looks pinched there, i looked it up and they have one that goes in the same place and not pinched, and yeah i know cuz its a v6 and theres no real point, eventually i want to find a v8 small block out of a junkyard or something and swap it
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I mean it's ok to do a couple things here and there but don't go overboard with it. Like crimson said, intake and exhaust should be sufficient.

And LS1 cars are getting pretty affordable these days
Old 04-03-2010, 03:53 PM

and also at the bottom inside of my heads on the actualy clear plastic part its a dirty plastic look kind of, has anyone had this? or did anyone paint that part?
Old 04-03-2010, 04:00 PM

alright yeah thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've always found it kinda strange how someone asking how to improve performance in their V6 gets hit on all sides by people V8's on how pointless it is, and to just get a V8. Obviously you not gonna get the performance equivalent of a V8. Just like with the V6 I used to have, went with a cold air intake, JBL headers, and cat-back exhaust. And you know what...There was a difference. I was happy with it. If you plan on sticking with the V6 for a while, it's not a waste of time.

As far as the "pinching" goes, Mom didn't want to pay lots of money for the full blown kit and this one was simple; and she CAN feel a difference now that she's got that intake and her Flowmaster exhaust. Funny...she gets props from guys in other Camaros that pass by.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:17 PM

yeah im ordering a ram air induction and a whisper lid this week and i found a k&n filter for it and then some new headers and i already got cherry bombs but i will get a high flow cat and thats about all, and a little wait reduction
Old 04-04-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
I've always found it kinda strange how someone asking how to improve performance in their V6 gets hit on all sides by people V8's on how pointless it is, and to just get a V8. Obviously you not gonna get the performance equivalent of a V8. Just like with the V6 I used to have, went with a cold air intake, JBL headers, and cat-back exhaust. And you know what...There was a difference. I was happy with it. If you plan on sticking with the V6 for a while, it's not a waste of time.

As far as the "pinching" goes, Mom didn't want to pay lots of money for the full blown kit and this one was simple; and she CAN feel a difference now that she's got that intake and her Flowmaster exhaust. Funny...she gets props from guys in other Camaros that pass by.
i had the camaro four 4 years before getting the v8, and still never really felt it was worth it. i'd rather save up for the engine swap like he suggested, or wait till i could pay for the v8, i went with the latter option. the main reason i dont really see the point, is that the prices for v8's have dropped quite low, and you can get some fairly close to the price of a v6. im selling my camaro for more than i got the T/A for