Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

GM Power brake booster vacuum check valve defective

Old 04-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Power brake booster vacuum check valve defective

My 97 Trans am like all 93-97 models have a brake system performance deficient. I'm discarding, bad booster diaphragm, air in the system,brake liquid old or out of specification, bake hoses damaged, rotors bulged, bad brake pads or calipers. Faulty master cylinder too.

We know that the power brake booster works with the engine vacuum. A bigger camshaft is not able to produce enough vacuum to the brake booster. So, in order to mend this, the vacuum canister the vacuum electrical pumps exist or were made.

I've replaced the brake booster vacuum check valve twice with GM or stock new ones, of course, even from Autozone one more, and I've found the same, the check valve do not retain the vacuum. Would be its flap design? I've read the best vacuum check valves are spring design.

All this introduction is to ask you:

Do you know about another and more efficient automotive or brand vacuum check valve that would fit in the GM brake booster?

Smart Products in Cal is able to make a custom one (model 305), not in design (is sping not flap) altough an opening pressure of 1.5 or 2.0 pounds, enough pressure to hold the vacuum. However, this manufacturer has a minimum purchase order of $300.00 or 25 vacuum check valves. Yes, a group purchase (hmmmm). The point here is not an expensive or more devices in the engine bay.

Any ideas or comments?

Thanks

dochidalgo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM Power brake booster vacuum check valve defective