Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New GTO guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GTO guy

Howdy everyone.

I just signed up for the site about 3 seconds ago. I've been a member on LS1GTO.com and Buckeyegoats.com for a few years now, but i'm finally looking to get a cam for the car and heard this place was an excellent resource.

I look forward to looking around and see what everyone is about on here.

A little info on the GTO, I got her used about 3 yrs ago, she had a little under 20k on her and was a Lease turn in. The car just turned 59k today. So far I haven't had a single problem aside from not getting a set of tires to last any longer than 15k.

The car has a new era intake, pacesetter LT's, catless mids, flowmaster catback, and at the moment my tuning with a Pradator handheld. The car made 340 hp and 356 tq at a dyno day about a year and a half ago.

Here are a few pictures

Old 04-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Restricted User

Hey nice car. You posted your engine numbers, but what did you run at the track?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Nice goat!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Hey nice car. You posted your engine numbers, but what did you run at the track?
Best run so far has been a 13.64 @ 104, I'm new to drag racing so that was my first time out. Saving up for some Drag Radials before I go next time, I had serious traction issues, and plus I'm not sure how much more my clutch will take after I get some DR's.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Resident

If you plan on keeping the car do yourself a favor and just save up for some sort of FI, whether it be supercharger or turbo it is by far better in every way.

For example. a friend has an 06 with over 6500 in N/A mods. SLP LTs, vararam, cam and valvetrain, ported IM and TB, full catback, some headwork, and a tune. Now another has an STS setup purchased and installed for less then 3500 when it was all said and done. Walks him everytime while being far more driveable, getting far better MPGs, and still has room to go faster.

Now if your not a fan of turboes wait around for a used maggie and you can scoop one up and install for less then 4000 most of the time. Still better then N/A.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Trust me, I would love to go FI, but I think the best thing about having a performance car is doing the work on it yourself. It's not about crazy high end HP to me, it's about the journey to get there. And plus, with N/A, you can do a little bit at a time. With FI you need a huge chunk of $ right off the bat. I'd have to save for probably 2 years before I could afford a entire FI setup. But a simple cam swap I can do for under 1k, then I can wait a few years and then maybe some cnc heads, etc etc.

And i would probably go Procharger if I was going to do it.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Teching In

welcome to the boards