Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Pioneer and BlackMore Speakers question. Need some explaining Please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer and BlackMore Speakers question. Need some explaining Please.

Hey fellas,
I bought a Pioneer Headunit DEH-2000MP with 4 6in 320watt speakers still using the Monsoon amp.
Well when I had them installed a year ago, off the bat the "crackled". I played with the settings and to noavil they did the same thing(only the rears, behind the seats)which sounded like they were broken or something(reason i replaced the stock ones).
Well I took my car back and explained to the owner of the place, Atlantic Audio, that they sounded dead. He played with the settings and no matter what, they still crackled and popped. He told me I needed a new amp because the stock one couldn't handle the new head unit and speakers. I didn't really believe him but since I am no expert in the radio department I left.
Well it got so annoying, I took out the rears and have been somewhat ok with the sound. I can't put the sound up to high because they start to break up bad.
Well does anyone know if this is true that I need to buy a new amp to make this thing sound correct or is it complete bs because I am about to just go buy new 6 inchers but I don't want to buy them if they are gonna do the same thing.
Thanks for anyone that can shine some light on this subject for me.
Paul L.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your problem is the speakers mostlikely. The idiot you had install them probably put a component or maybe even a coaxial. The sail panels are a mid bass/sub.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

squee is correct - the Monsoon amp provides only bass signal to the sail panels. It is designed to run subs so your full-range (coaxial or whatever) speakers can't handle the signal properly.

The installer is wrong. The Monsoon amp takes speaker-level input from any normal head unit. If the HU produces too much power you will hear clipping from the amp at high volume settings. Otherwise it will work fine.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Any suggestions for speakers for that area then? I really rather have them in since there is no bass whatever and sounds like garbage.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by IrocZTransAm
Any suggestions for speakers for that area then? I really rather have them in since there is no bass whatever and sounds like garbage.
I'm partial to the CDT's.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Which series do you think Squee for the rears? Sorry I am a tard when it comes to audio equipment.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have HD-63 Golds in my front doors with a pair of CL-6Es in my sail panels. The CL-6Es will soon be replaced with a pair of ES-06+ most likely. It depends on how much you want to spend honestly...I would at the very least go with the CL6-CFs or the if you want to spend the money, the HD-6s. The HD series sounds AMAZING. MUCH better than the CL-6Es. Since its only on a Monsoon amp, the cheaper of the ones I said would probably be fine.

Quick Reply: Pioneer and BlackMore Speakers question. Need some explaining Please.