PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TM removal ?

Old 04-06-2010, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM removal ?

okay im using hptuners vs. 2.22 and im a noob at tuning but figured id give it a try i am going to tune the tranny til i get my wideband and i have a couple questions,
first, i have a stock 4l60e its not driven much it will be going to track very often once i get new rear and trans
i am thinking of removing TM from the trans side so i just change abuse mode to disabled correct?
and if i do that what can i expect from the tranny after done?
next i see some say not to do that and leave some ive tried to read the hpt forums but dont really understand what to change if i take like most of tm out id personally like to take out about 75% tm but wanna make sure if i dont remove all what to change so i dont have to take it all out and what to expect while just driving around town.. please dont bash me too much lol.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

From my understanding to reduce torque management you open VCM Editor then click the transmission icon. Next you click Torque Mngmnt(far right), click Torque reduction. You'll open the Trans Abuse Mode Torque reduction vs RPM table, make the changes you want.

To get rid of Torque Management you simply change the Abuse Mode to disabled.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Teching In

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356667

Search this Thread