Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Had a little wreck

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Had a little wreck

I left work today and I made it about 1/8 of a mile then SMACK!

Can you guys tell if I'm only going to need a new bumper? The fenders, headlight covers, and hood is WAY out of whack but not cracked so I'm hoping they can be realigned? And of course I'm wondering about how much money it's going to cose to fix?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And I can't open the hood because of this. Nice reflection shot though
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-06-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow what did you hit? looks like deff a new bumper and i bet some hardware like brakets and foam.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

my estimate is $1000
Old 04-07-2010, 07:30 AM
TECH Regular

estimate $2300
Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 AM
8 Second Club

the whole front is tweaked to the passside need to see whats bent
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

I would replace it all that way it will be straight. Now is a good time to go ws6 hood if you would like to.

Estimate 2500 bucks. Not half assed.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Launching!

By the looks of it I think I see tire marks and then red paint, did you hit someone in the side of their car ?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

thats sucks.. well i would say about 2k to repair.. you going to claim it?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Launching!

New bumper, bumper absorber and hinges. They are a bitch to get staightened out once bent. Without seeing if anything else is busted my estimate is pretty much on par with everyone else $2400+ if you get it done right.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

With a little time and talant any good body man could fix the bumper and straighten the rest out. Chance are the frame isn't bent just pushed the hood latch support over and tweaked the hinges. If it came to my shop I would say around $1200.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Launching!

^The time that would be needed to properly mend and smooth those tears out to be structurally sound wouldnt be worth it. Find a replacement on here or somewhere else and have it painted.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that front end is shoved over, i'll bet money lower frame rails, upper frame rails, core support, rebar, headlight mount panle, energy absorber, haedlights, hood latch, hood hinges, possible condensor, radiator, fender liners, all the R&I work, all the repair work, frame labor,

again i'll say its totaled, 99.9% sure its a total, can a good tech fix your car?? we sure can but ill tell you this a car is totaled and the estiamte is done thats it there is no more money to be given out by your insurance company, so if the total amount is 5k, thats it thats all you get to fix your car

and ill say 99.9% sure its close or if not over 5k, what kind of insurance company, i would not tackle this, your car is fucked up and it needs a good tech to pull and repair and replace structual metal

just saying
Old 04-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bdyman
that front end is shoved over, i'll bet money lower frame rails, upper frame rails, core support, rebar, headlight mount panle, energy absorber, haedlights, hood latch, hood hinges, possible condensor, radiator, fender liners, all the R&I work, all the repair work, frame labor,

again i'll say its totaled, 99.9% sure its a total, can a good tech fix your car?? we sure can but ill tell you this a car is totaled and the estiamte is done thats it there is no more money to be given out by your insurance company, so if the total amount is 5k, thats it thats all you get to fix your car

and ill say 99.9% sure its close or if not over 5k, what kind of insurance company, i would not tackle this, your car is fucked up and it needs a good tech to pull and repair and replace structual metal

just saying
I would agree with above. Maybe not that bad. Still needs to be measured out though. Good thing is sway is not hard to pull. Would like to see the gap from the pass door to fender.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAmdriv3r
By the looks of it I think I see tire marks and then red paint, did you hit someone in the side of their car ?
Ummm

Yeah I'm defintely claiming it on insurance. I'll get an estimate in a day or two and let you guys know, I'm hoping the deductable won't be too bad.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

I would bet it has very little to no frame damage, maybe you guys haven't fixed many wrecks, but my car was a total due to front and under side damage, and the front end looked worse than yours. Only took 20 mins on the frame rack to straighten it and didn't damage any cooling or a/c. As for the time to fix the bumper compared to cost of a new one, a new on is over $420. That means at $42 dollars per hour (local insurance rate for repair) you can have up to 10 hrs to fix that bumper, any one who can't fix that bumper isn't a body man, they're a parts changer. On a vehicle of yours age it takes 80% of vehicles value in repair cost to total it, so doubt it totals out. So if your insurance company writes a big check to have it fixed go to a good shop and have it repaired and put some money in your pocket
Old 04-08-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshiedoom
I would replace it all that way it will be straight. Now is a good time to go ws6 hood if you would like to.

Estimate 2500 bucks. Not half assed.
^ This.
edit: with WS.9 hood
Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Hopefully there isnt any frame damage. If there is, she's probably totaled. Do you have the title to the car?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bore.me
my estimate is $1000
Hit the pipe today?

No way!

I am guessing around 3k.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bore.me
my estimate is $1000
$1000 half-assed i mean. New bumper and hit the rest with a hammer!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
I would bet it has very little to no frame damage, maybe you guys haven't fixed many wrecks, but my car was a total due to front and under side damage, and the front end looked worse than yours. Only took 20 mins on the frame rack to straighten it and didn't damage any cooling or a/c. As for the time to fix the bumper compared to cost of a new one, a new on is over $420. That means at $42 dollars per hour (local insurance rate for repair) you can have up to 10 hrs to fix that bumper, any one who can't fix that bumper isn't a body man, they're a parts changer. On a vehicle of yours age it takes 80% of vehicles value in repair cost to total it, so doubt it totals out. So if your insurance company writes a big check to have it fixed go to a good shop and have it repaired and put some money in your pocket

you must not be a body man, a real tech like my self knows and sees the damage beneath the parts, that bumper is done, ill bet all the tabs are shot, mounting holes, cmon a blind man can see that bumper is done

again ill say it there is frame damage, its swayed over real good, upper rails im sure are kinked, lower rails im sure are kinked as well, as the cores support is twisted and guess what its welded to the upper rails, lower rails, lower aprons, when the frame rails get twisted so do the other parts around it frame basics are length/width/height

ill wait and see when he comes back in here and he says its totaled, the only way he will make money if it does total then he gets what the car is worth, if he buys it back he only gets a check for the estimate, no more no less and if there is more damage which there always is on a hit like this there is no more money to fix it will come out of his pocket

im sure all the other real techs on this site with experience will see beyond the obvious

Quick Reply: Had a little wreck