Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone running SLP Bilisten/BMR spring combo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running SLP Bilisten/BMR spring combo?

Just wondering if anyone's running the SLP Bilisten/BMR spring combo and I'd like to know what they think about it.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me Tooooo.....That is exactly what I will be running too.....once I buy the SLP's.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

bump.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default SLP spring/shock combo

I'm running the SLP spring/shock combo. I like it for the most part. Didn't really lowering the car much. Actually thinking about switching to the QA1's for some adjustability. For the most part its a good package. I know its not what your looking for but gives u an option
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

^^^ what kind of adjustment are you looking for out of the qa1's?

and OP, you could also ask for peoples' input on SLP bilstein/Strano setups since they're almost identical in terms of rate and drop
Old 04-08-2010, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00transamws6
I'm running the SLP spring/shock combo. I like it for the most part. Didn't really lowering the car much. Actually thinking about switching to the QA1's for some adjustability. For the most part its a good package. I know its not what your looking for but gives u an option
QA1's aren't really what you want for street driving from what I've read.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I looking for ride height adjustment and dampening too. What other options are there for ride height adjustment? A buddy of mine is changing out his QA1's for an Air Ride system, that's Y i was thinking might as well try them out.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

if you're looking for damping of any kind look away from Qa1's. they're not even pressurized shocks i don't think. if you want height adjustment there's the ground control and global west coil sleeve kits, edelbrock IAS coilover kit, and KW V3's.

I have the ground control setup with Koni SA's and it's pretty sweet.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm running that combo only had the car for a couple of days and it's down right now (tranny related). It's a good combo to me and I like the ride quality and the car feels more stiff and more respondable. I have Kook's LT, Catted 2.5" X pipe and the clearance is pretty good. If I can find the cord to tho the camaro I'll post up the pictures and have the coke can for clearance. The car has a very nice stance with out scraping and bottoming out on everything which is great.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
I'm running that combo only had the car for a couple of days and it's down right now (tranny related). It's a good combo to me and I like the ride quality and the car feels more stiff and more respondable. I have Kook's LT, Catted 2.5" X pipe and the clearance is pretty good. If I can find the cord to tho the camaro I'll post up the pictures and have the coke can for clearance. The car has a very nice stance with out scraping and bottoming out on everything which is great.
Thanks for this input sir!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
Glad to hear you like the springs

Quick Reply: Anyone running SLP Bilisten/BMR spring combo?