Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

I need some help with my suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I need some help with my suspension.

I am located in the central CT area and was hoping there are some suspension gurus locally. I installed an adjustable T/A & relocation cross-member last summer and really need to get it dialed in to the correct angle because it vibrates like a **** on the highway and it's real annoying. Is this something ESP would be able to help me with? It's near impossible doing this without a pit or 4-post lift. I can provide cash and/or beer! Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are in the new britain area, and can stop by tonite, shoot me a PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went through the same deal. Got a 12 bolt and a crossmember w/ TA relocation. Before that my pinion angle was a -2, I set it at -2 after the mods and it vibrated horrendously. Tried -1.5, then -1, then -.05.

Eventually you should have seen me, I'd take the car up and down the street, park in the driveay, jack the back, crawl under and turn it once, get back in and drive up and down the street, come back, turn it a little more, etc... i probably did that about 5 times, lol anyways i got it pretty close and the pinion and is probably close to -.5.
Every car is different you just gotta find what it likes. It is a PIA though. My setup was very tempermental, a half turn either way f'ed it up.

I'll probably scrap it anyways for a BMR track pak at some point, well see.

just get the car level once and get the pinon close to -1 and work from there. Just get the variance of the DS angle and diff. Those crossmember mounts really throw off the angle, I am sure your setup is way too negative right now.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

#1 -make sure you are not running a poly tranny mount.

Next would be pinion angle but there are 2 different ways to set it up.I find the best is zeroing out the tranny to rear.This ussually ends up with the rear pointing slightly up.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk

Next would be pinion angle but there are 2 different ways to set it up.I find the best is zeroing out the tranny to rear.This ussually ends up with the rear pointing slightly up.
I got a poly mount, I was thinking of putting my stock one back in. (I don't remember if its broken or not)
Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk

I am still on the stock rubber mount for now.

I spoke with a fellow Techer on the phone over the weekend and he basically told me the same method. Make sure I have the suspension fully loaded on the rear and have it at the same angle as it sits on the ground then zero out the pinion to the engine/tranny (if my engine/tranny is sitting at -3 set my pinion to +3) and make small adjustments from there. Sound about right?

My car is on Stranos/Konis and is pretty stiff. My guess would be right around -0.5 driveline angle?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SantaCruz163
I am still on the stock rubber mount for now.

I spoke with a fellow Techer on the phone over the weekend and he basically told me the same method. Make sure I have the suspension fully loaded on the rear and have it at the same angle as it sits on the ground then zero out the pinion to the engine/tranny (if my engine/tranny is sitting at -3 set my pinion to +3) and make small adjustments from there. Sound about right?

My car is on Stranos/Konis and is pretty stiff. My guess would be right around -0.5 driveline angle?
Yup under load and level. You can do it that way or you can put it right on the pumpkin then DS for the measurment. BMR has a vid floating around, it shows the method but i think their math was wrong with it. I posted up a big thing in the suspension section a while ago.

EDIT: Here you go read up. https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-question.html