Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

3 susp mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 susp mods

How much better would an SS handle with lower springs, anti sway bars and subframe connectors?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better than stock, but why not get shocks, lowering springs, and sway bars? The SFC's help control chassis wiggle, but most of that feeling is caused by inadequate shocks.

Shocks > Sways > Springs > everything else for handling. The SFC's may make a difference, but shocks will make more of one.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because thats whats on the car that I'm buying! lol I'm looking into Edlebrock shocks, heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, ok. I think it should handle better than a stock fbody, but lowering springs without good shocks can make it a rough ride.

What kind of springs are on the car? Sways? I don't know much about Edlebrock shocks, but what is your price range?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:32 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
The vehicle will handle great through corners with the set up you are explaining. I just wanted to leave you know anytime a vehicle is lowered make sure there is a adjustable pan hard bar on the rear (due to the rears shift when lowered) and the adjustable pan hard bar will allow you to recenter the rear back under the vehicle. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer as far as color choices.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...0rnf10nnb6ksm1

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad