Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv system question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pcv system question

Just try your best to picture this in your head lol. I got some valve covers from a buddy of mine to paint and was going to replace the ones on my car with those once I was done with the paint. It never occured to me that they might be slightly different (may have came off a 01-02 or a truck, mine is a 99). The drivers side matched up perfect but the passenger side has only one fitting for a pcv line. It has the one towards the front of the car that runs to the throttle body. It does not have the one that runs from the drivers side valve cover that connects towards the fire wall. I just capped it off where it would normally go to the valve cover. Is that ok? It seems like it would because the line running from the drivers side valve cover splits behind the intake manifold and one goes to the back fitting (which I capped off) and the other runs to the front of the intake manifold and the pcv valve. Just curious what you guys thought. I only plan on leaving it that way for a few weeks or so until I can paint the one that has the proper fittings.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?