Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Total newbe

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total newbe

Never owned a Camaro.

In fact have only owned 4 cars in my life to date and only one of them was brand new.

I live on a small island that I can't even drive a Camaro on...you would never get out of second gear on the streets anyway, but cars are restricted on engine and body size.

My wife and I made the decision to buy a house in Florida recently and this provided me with the opportunity to finally get the car of my dreams.

I was considering something really expensive and had sort of settled on a Maserati GT, mainly because I like the look and the fact that it has 4 seats. That was the plan.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Florida dealing with the house purchase and in doing so happened to drive past a Chevy dealer. There were rows of Corvettes, but then out of the corner of my eye I spotted the 2010 Camaros. I almost rear ended the car in front of me as I gawked from the driver seat of the horrible little SUV renter. I'll be honest...didn't even know it was a Camaro...had to pull a Uie to find that out.

I have spec'd out my new 2010 Camaro and plan on driving it off the lot in July. I haven't actually ordered it yet, still hanging on the fence about options. I post on another bulletin board based in the US, full of a bunch of reprobate flight sim enthusiasts but generally a bunch of great people, one of which recommended I post over here. Given all the amazing info I have learned on BBS' and all the people I have even met in real life as a result...here I am.

You will need to blame Blue's_Z28 for this.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are finally able to get the car you want (or at least able to drive the car you want). However, I would get a Corvette over the Camaro if I were you. I'm assuming since you were considering a Maserati you can afford the Vette If I lived in Florida I would want a sports car with a removable or convertible top and the Camaro is only available with a sunroof Or wait until they come out with the convertible Camaro. That's my opinion but good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Welcome. That would suck to have a engine size limit. Glad you can finally get the car you want. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean! I had such a woodie over that camero when I first saw it! Just loved the look! I was so gonna buy one when the convert. came out but My TA came along and I'm happy with it but some day I'm gonna have a black convert sittin right beside my Pewter TA :>)
Old 04-11-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

where do you live that has vehicle limits?
Old 04-12-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hiya Curvie, glad to see you could make it over to my small part of the BBS world. Well, another one anyway. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by APG12
where do you live that has vehicle limits?
Bermuda.

As to the Corvette, a few people I have spoken to suggested the Corvette over the Camaro. Problem is, I have 3 kids. If I want to take 2 of them with me to the mall, or a movie, or wherever....I'd have to drive the minivan.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
Hiya Curvie, glad to see you could make it over to my small part of the BBS world. Well, another one anyway. Let me know if you have any questions.

I will bud..thanks.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know Curv, it's been a fantasy of mine to take C-HOG to the UK and have some fun cruising with her. F-body's in Europe...awesome!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

Well if you have that kinda money but really like the new Camaro. Then I think a special order, built how you want it Camaro from Hennessey is what you are looking for.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where
Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
You know Curv, it's been a fantasy of mine to take C-HOG to the UK and have some fun cruising with her. F-body's in Europe...awesome!
I know exactly what you mean. Nothing turns heads like a car nobody over there sees on a regular basis.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Word! Although did you know Sweden has it's own Camaro racing league?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camaro_Cup

http://www.camarocup.com/