Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My final exhaust review!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My final exhaust review!!!

ok, this is the offical end all be all exhaust review thread, ive given up on giving people advice on what exhaust sound better and what not, if you want something free flowing and loud isnt going to be an issue get the tsp rumbler, (no im not advertising for TSP)

ive had it for going on 2 years now and i have yet to meet someone who hasnt LOVED it, sounds better than most mustangs, and as you know, mustangs (though slow) sound sweet

two of my friends, after hearing my car for the first time, both went out and bought it and did custom fab work to make it fit (93 z28 and 86 iroc)

im constantly getting asked what i have done and no one believes its only bolt ons because its so loud and sounds so good

im not trying to brag, just sick of seeing "what exhaust to get" threads

i took a quick vid at idle with a 2500rpm rev, ganna make a better one later in the week

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...0410001420.flv

for reference sake, its a stock internal ls1 with QTP 1 7/8 LTs, TSP high flow catted Y and TSP rumbler
Old 04-11-2010, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

sounds like every other LS1 without headers
Old 04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

this is the official end all be all exhaust thread?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by squints88
this is the official end all be all exhaust thread?
lol no just my last recommendation lol

the vid doesnt do the car justice, anyone that has heard my car speak up on here, my car isnt the best sounding thing ever, but for only having bolt ons its impressed everyone i know
Old 04-11-2010, 12:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well of course your car will be loud. There is no muffler on that system, just a bullet. Same thing happens to me when I open my cutout but it sounds like *** at anything other than idle or WOT in the upper RPM's. I personally do not like the sound of that system or the SLP loudmouth which is virtually the same thing.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by greatskiiiier
ok, this is the offical end all be all exhaust review thread, ive given up on giving people advice on what exhaust sound better and what not, if you want something free flowing and loud isnt going to be an issue get the tsp rumbler, (no im not advertising for TSP)

ive had it for going on 2 years now and i have yet to meet someone who hasnt LOVED it, sounds better than most mustangs, and as you know, mustangs (though slow) sound sweet

two of my friends, after hearing my car for the first time, both went out and bought it and did custom fab work to make it fit (93 z28 and 86 iroc)

im constantly getting asked what i have done and no one believes its only bolt ons because its so loud and sounds so good

im not trying to brag, just sick of seeing "what exhaust to get" threads

i took a quick vid at idle with a 2500rpm rev, ganna make a better one later in the week

for reference sake, its a stock internal ls1 with QTP 1 7/8 LTs, TSP high flow catted Y and TSP rumbler
Just wait until you hear a GMMG exhaust.
It sounds better than any exhaust I've ever heard on an LS1 f-body.
The only thing that sounds as good is custom true duals.
Exhaust preference is completely subjective. Some people love the
SLP LM1, some people hate it. It all comes down to personal preference.