PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gm tech 2 w/ candy..wont do the 316 crank position relearn????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gm tech 2 w/ candy..wont do the 316 crank position relearn????????

Let me give a rundown of my build first.......

2005 lq4 6.0:
stock except wait4meperformance ecu reflash, 180 therm, 3in exhaust, ls1 intake...fuel rail, injectors....converted to throttle cable, home made cai with plenty of straight room on both sides of the mas air.......

computer is out of a 2004 so i could have drive by throttle....has provisions for the tps that i needed.....

wiring harness all done by speartech and they also checked the ecu to make sure it would work....

This is all in a 1970 elcamino..... with a th350 tranny.....

The car is throwing the 316 crank position relearn code......due to the ecu and motor not being from the same vehicle.....i think?.....Every time i have a tech 2 pluged in and am trying to preform the relearn it goes into the steps.....i enter through all of them.....the data comes up....then all the sudden the screens wipes out and it says "error"........???

The car seems to run perfect in safe mode with the mass air sensor unplugged......

Also....i did notice with the car running the way it is has 50 deg. of timing at 4000 rpms......??? i think thats a little much....???

Any ideas......im starting to get angry !!!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

anybody???
Old 04-14-2010, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

nobody else has had this problem........gm tech 2 error....???
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 70cartruck
Let me give a rundown of my build first.......

2005 lq4 6.0:
stock except wait4meperformance ecu reflash, 180 therm, 3in exhaust, ls1 intake...fuel rail, injectors....converted to throttle cable, home made cai with plenty of straight room on both sides of the mas air.......

computer is out of a 2004 so i could have drive by throttle....has provisions for the tps that i needed.....

wiring harness all done by speartech and they also checked the ecu to make sure it would work....

This is all in a 1970 elcamino..... with a th350 tranny.....

The car is throwing the 316 crank position relearn code......due to the ecu and motor not being from the same vehicle.....i think?.....Every time i have a tech 2 pluged in and am trying to preform the relearn it goes into the steps.....i enter through all of them.....the data comes up....then all the sudden the screens wipes out and it says "error"........???

The car seems to run perfect in safe mode with the mass air sensor unplugged......

Also....i did notice with the car running the way it is has 50 deg. of timing at 4000 rpms......??? i think thats a little much....???

Any ideas......im starting to get angry !!!

Are you getting any codes other than cam crank correlation?
What is the P0 code your getting?
Does the engine run ok besides the code in the PCM?

Could you elaborate mor on this, 04 and 05 I think both have drive by wire.
2004 what?
You said drive by throttle, do you mean drive by cable?
Could you give me the computer number?
I don't think you need the candi module should be class2 comm.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

do you have a brake switch input into the ecm? if you dont the tech 2 will throw that error message because you have to hold your foot on the brake while doing the crankshaft position relearn. this could be your problem...
Old 04-17-2010, 01:34 AM
10 Second Club

just have the code turned off in the ecm, that code has nothing to do with how the engine runs, it is just there for misfire diagnostics(you are probly missing some of the inputs that the pcm needs to run the test, also if any dtc's are current the test may not run)

Quick Reply: gm tech 2 w/ candy..wont do the 316 crank position relearn????????