New brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 02:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New brakes

hey im lookin into new rotors, pads etc..... i was looking at these
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=191&ModelID=7
Has, or is anybody using these? what do u guys think? some feedback would be great. thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haven't had the chance to use Ate's on my Camaro, but I have had a similar combo and it's actually quite sufficient.

EDIT: have had Ate's on other vehicles and they're very well made without being boat anchors.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

I got a kit from thunder racing it's close in price i think..and it has nicer rotors for the money..

check them out..and yes I love the bite my new brakes have!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they look pretty good but i would go for the cts-v brake upgrade. brembos baby. probably not much more thats what i'm doing when i come time for rotors.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1ya
they look pretty good but i would go for the cts-v brake upgrade. brembos baby. probably not much more thats what i'm doing when i come time for rotors.

thanks for the replys.. Where would i be able to find the cts-v kit at? ive looked and havent found them. thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
I got a kit from thunder racing it's close in price i think..and it has nicer rotors for the money..

check them out..and yes I love the bite my new brakes have!!!
First, note that LT1 brakes are cheaper than LS1 brakes are. I don't know if meine96ws6 converted, but if he still has LT1 brakes that lowers the price a lot to start with.

Second, nicer rotors for the money? I have to disagree with that. ATE's are fully coated (not sprayed with a wash, but coated like a powdercoat) to prevent corrosion. They meet all OEM specs, and are made by a world renown company in brakes. ATE is an OEM supplier to VW, Audi, BMW, Porsche to name a few.

Third, the slotting design is superior to many others for two reasons. 1. It's shallow, taking the minimum structure away from the rotor and acting also as wear indicators. When the slots are gone, the rotors need replaced. 2. The pattern of the slots leaves no sharp points to act as stress risers. And you'll note the slot does not run to the very edge of the rotor for the same reason.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Teching In

thanks for the input sam. Is it neccessary to get steel brake lines?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Necessary? No. Not a bad idea with the car being 11 years old, but not necessary.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: New brakes