Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Seeking a guide for interior panel removal.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking a guide for interior panel removal.

I am about to install a stealth box sub and wire an amp this weekend and I was in my car looking around at what all is going to happen as far as what I need to take off.

There are a few pieces im not sure how to take off and whats all required to access certain things.

The passenger side firewall grommet.. how do i get to this from the inside? Do I have to take the whole dash off the car?

Getting the big plastic panels that surrounds the sailpanel speaker off. What is involved on taking this off?

Also when I wire the rca's and remote wire on the driver side how do I remove the panel that has the hood release lever in it?

I did look at the stickies and it doesnt seem obvious in finding anything written for it.
If anyone has pictures or a simple link that is step by step that would be great. I've also heard theres a service manual out there that has all this info in it.. Is there public access to this online or no?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

To take off the plastic that surrounds your rear seat speakers. Put a flat head screw driver under the little square in the cloths hanger. push the screw driver in then pry out upward pull your seat belt out of the slot. That should be all. I don't have my camaro here to confirm but I've done it a bunch of times. The piece that is under your release, unscrews then just wiggle it out. Any other help from others ?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Koastie57
I am about to install a stealth box sub and wire an amp this weekend and I was in my car looking around at what all is going to happen as far as what I need to take off.

There are a few pieces im not sure how to take off and whats all required to access certain things.

The passenger side firewall grommet.. how do i get to this from the inside? Do I have to take the whole dash off the car?
Not absolutely sure on this one, doubt you would have to take the whole dash out...look underneath, might need to remove the glove compartment, I have my power cable running thru the driver's side.

Getting the big plastic panels that surrounds the sailpanel speaker off. What is involved on taking this off?

First you will need to remove the trim that runs along the bottom of the door, held on by 4 screws. The piece then can slip out (same is true for driver's side with the hood release lever). Then remove the t-tops then unscrew and remove the plastic trim piece where the t-top locks into. Then using a screwdriver or trim removal tool (much easier) pry out the center part of the coat hanger. Once the center piece is out, the hook should pull straight out. Then remove the spare tire cover/drivers side trunk trim (pops straight up to remove). The large sail panel is then only held on by velcro, so just pull and twist (I find it easier to lower the rear seatback, so that you can slip the trim off the metal seat support.

Also when I wire the rca's and remote wire on the driver side how do I remove the panel that has the hood release lever in it?
see above...just remove the 4 screws (might have one at the front, to the left of the brake pedal if you have an A4) and then slide back and out.

I did look at the stickies and it doesnt seem obvious in finding anything written for it.
If anyone has pictures or a simple link that is step by step that would be great. I've also heard theres a service manual out there that has all this info in it.. Is there public access to this online or no?
See the red above
Old 04-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
See the red above
thanks a million

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seeking a guide for interior panel removal.