Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Shocks are for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Shocks are for me?

Right now the suspension i have is Eibach pro kit with stock shocks, (bought the car this way I KNOW I HATE THE RIDE)

Factory pan hard bar with rear LCA's.

Im looking to get strano springs. And an adjustable pan hard bar.

Im stuck on what shocks are for me. This car will not be in autocross events.
It will see some the quarter maybe once a month. Not my daily driver either.

Koni's look nice and im sure they perform for their price.

But whats 2nd and 3rd best?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Banned

Koni's are my first choice, by far. I run Koni Double Adjustables on my car currently and I couldn't be happier.

My second choice would be Bilsteins. I have setup quite a few cars with similar spring setups with Bilstein HD shocks and have been quite happy with the results. 2 LT1's, and 2 LS1's.

My last choice would be KYB.

Any of these choices will be markedly better than stockers.

I carry all of these as well. PM or e-mail me if your interested and I will try to help you pick the right shock for your needs.

mleaf@zenithmotorsports.com
Old 04-15-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like said above.

1. Koni's
2. Bilstein (whether it's the HD's or SLP tuned)
3. KYB

If you don't wanna fork out the money for Koni's, the SLP tuned Bilsteins and Stranos are a cheaper alternative to the Koni/Strano setup.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

why do people always say "I won't be going to the track"? Don't you know you use your suspension every time your car is moving? the car doesn't know if you're on a track or on a highway. a good suspension is one of the best mods you can make to your car to make every drive a great experience. it also impresses anyone who rides in the car, rather then make them feel the car rides like junk, which adds to the pleasure you get from owning it. how often to you hear people say they regret the money they spent on good shocks? never.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

in my opinion...

1. Konis... I have experience with. Great compression, wide rebound range adjustment. Perfect for ride quality and proper damping ability

2. KYB.. no experience.. just from what I've heard. Fact: the KYB adjust both compression and rebound with one **** which isn't ideal in my opinion. I think KYB will control the springs better, but you'll always be fiddling between the one **** adjusts two things.

the other #2. Bilstiens. No experience here either... great quality built shock.. the SLP and HD versions sound like they'll dampen springs ok at first but get progressively worse control as time goes on.

There's other more expensive versions that are probably better too, but makes no sense to pay that money for them.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

I've owned Koni's and Bilsteins. Koni's are just a much better shock for a daily driver, especially with stiff springs. You need the extra damping just as much on the street as you do for autox, it is really worth it just to do it right the first time.

Quick Reply: What Shocks are for me?