View Full Version : 5.4 outran a GSXR 750

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 05:54 PM
*flame suit on*

Coming home from work I was talking to my g/f on the phone. The road I go down goes from 4 lane to a 2 lane. Well I see the headlights of a GSXR in the lane that is going to end. I didn't even bother to try to beat him to the merge. As he went by I saw it was a white/blue 750 (or atleast I'm pretty sure it was a 750. It was mostly white and the tail light was the big diamond shape one. Not sure on what year. I had a 05 GSXR 600 and it was before this year. Can anyone post up a pic of it? The rear tire looked pretty wide and bald in the middle) He ended up going 38mph in a 40mph zone holding up a line of traffic. :rolleyes: Then all of the sudden he gunned it while I was in 5th gear. There is a 4 way stop and I wanted to get close to him but he went pretty fast so I had to play alittle catchup but nothing major, 3,500rpms shifts.

Well the fun comes, we are about to merge onto a busy 4 lane that turns into 6 lane highway. When we do I tell my g/f that I gotta go. She told me not to race the bike and I just told her that I loved her but had to go. LOL Well I go along side him (he has no helmet on either btw) and I give him an ear full of Dynomax Ultraflos. He gets the idea and is pretty eager to show me up so as I brake he roars along side me in high gear. I rev and put it back into 3rd at about 60mph I'd say. My RPMS jumped up to 5,000rpms and knowing I'm about to get stomped I just punch it. Waiting for him to come by me I come across the red on the tach. Keep into it....deep into the red now but its ok. Shift around 6,500rpms hard into 4th gear and I still see no bike in my passenger side window. Lay into 4th gear until redline which is about 125mph and he was at my rear fender or rear of the car (close). Well it was fun but going that fast down a very busy public road is enough for me! I slam on the brakes to make my turn into my neighborhood. Now keep in mind I have taken off the Cobra brake kit for a set of 2004 Mustang GT PBR aluminum brakes and the stock 11" rotors or whatever. Well my brakes felt like absolute mush! But amazingly it did stop! After I stopped to turn a huge cloud of white/blue smoke came into my interior through the doors which windows were down. "Oh shit" I thought, first thing that came to mind was oil from my motor. Then I realized it was my brakes! I get the car home and my brake rotors were a pretty purple/blue color. :lol: I just put it in 1st gear and left the E-brake down so the brakes could cool. Txted Sarge asking him if he thought I would get flamed for posting this. He replied "yes" and I got a good laugh. Well, here it is!!!!!

Cliff notes: mild 5.0 outran GSXR 750 (I think)

Ju1ce
04-16-2010, 06:06 PM
These Mustang guys are hilarious. Seriously, beating a 750 with 297whp? ahahahahaah
Guess I should go hunting for liter bikes in my 300whp Regal!

Puck
04-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Lol nice kill :secret2:.

31camaro
04-16-2010, 06:20 PM
if you honestly think you beat that bike im sorry, it takes alot more than 300whp to beat atleast a 600, you beat the rider not the bike

Ju1ce
04-16-2010, 06:23 PM
if you honestly think you beat that bike im sorry, it takes alot more than 300whp to beat atleast a 600, you beat the rider not the bike

x2347293847

These Mustang fanbois think they can do anything.

31camaro
04-16-2010, 06:28 PM
x2347293847

yep, i remeber when i had my first beer, lol

blk/slvr02ss
04-16-2010, 06:31 PM
It was only probally a SV650 not no GSXR750 unless a squid was riding it.

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 07:01 PM
it takes alot more than 300whp to beat atleast a 600

I agree

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 07:02 PM
It was only probally a SV650 not no GSXR750 unless a squid was riding it.

It was a GSXR. I've owned two myself so I think I'd know. Like I said it was the year with the large diamond shaped rear brake light and it was white/blue with most of it being white. Can someone find a pic online?

31camaro
04-16-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.bikez.com/pictures/suzuki/2007/24304_0_1_2_gsx-r%20750_Image%20credits%20-%20Suzuki.jpg

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 07:11 PM
This is what the rear brake light looked like http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009/04/02/bikepics-1620527-800.jpg

PewterScreaminMach
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
We all know he was probably in fifth...:lol:

On a related note, I have a surprise post to make early next week. Might make for a good BS thread...:secret2:

Sarge_13
04-16-2010, 07:25 PM
These Mustang guys are hilarious. Seriously, beating a 750 with 297whp? ahahahahaah

Listen up fuck ass cause I'm gonna take you to school real quick.

1.) Kevin here is running quite a bit more than 297rwhp, his sig is just for a ruse from dipshit noobs like you.

2.) He also is a good friend of mine and I know for a fact he doesn't lie about his races.

3.) The man has owned 2 GSXR's apparently, I only knew of the one liter bike he had. I'm sure he knew that bike should have assraped him from a dig and a roll.

Like the old saying goes, it's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are dumb rather than open your mouth and prove it. Keep your fucking mouth shut and learn something about the people around here before you go spout off dumb incorrect shit like this.

Have a good day.

CyberGrey Z28
04-16-2010, 07:58 PM

1.) Kevin here is running quite a bit more than 297rwhp, his sig is just for a ruse from dipshit noobs like you.

2.) He also is a good friend of mine and I know for a fact he doesn't lie about his races.

3.) The man has owned 2 GSXR's apparently, I only knew of the one liter bike he had. I'm sure he knew that bike should have assraped him from a dig and a roll.

Like the old saying goes, it's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are dumb rather than open your mouth and prove it. Keep your fucking mouth shut and learn something about the people around here before you go spout off dumb incorrect shit like this.

Have a good day.

Can you swing off his nuts any harder?? lol

OP, good kill!! Anything can happen on the street, specially if they underestimate a sleeper!!!

ponygt65
04-16-2010, 07:59 PM

x2347293847

yep, i remeber when i had my first beer, lolNOt as hilarious as you n00b dipshits. ju1ce - you've been told already he doesn't have ~300RWHP. how F'ing ignorant can you be? A simple search for his posts would tell you a few things.

Dumbasses.

Have a good day.

+73000 Great post Sarge.

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 08:10 PM
specially if they underestimate a sleeper!!!

I think this is the key to what happened. Althought my license plate should tell you I'm no bolt on car.

ElkySS
04-16-2010, 08:13 PM
u guys are fucking stupid if u think he only has 297rwhp. stupid 09+

ponygt65
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
stupid 09+

+73000

IDK what it is about 09+ members, but DAYUM the can be quite dumb.

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 08:18 PM
My car makes 418rwhp/393rwtq and weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 3200lbs. Nothing I would call "fast" but it does ok for a beat around town car.

ponygt65
04-16-2010, 08:21 PM
My car makes 418rwhp/393rwtq and weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 3200lbs. Nothing I would call "fast" but it does ok for a beat around town car.

I'd say it weighs less than that. And not to mention 4.10s with a t56. :)

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
I really need to get it weighed but I plan to wait until I get the 15" wheels on. All I know is the car is easy as shit to push around by myself. :lol:

ElkySS
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM

ah HA!! quick, everyone make a note of this. it WILL come up in a future conversation

ponygt65
04-16-2010, 08:35 PM
ah HA!! quick, everyone make a note of this. it WILL come up in a future conversation

YOu just quoted it....it's SAFE FOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

unless a mod delete's it. LOL

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Those numbers wont stay accurate long....if they are accurate to begin with. ;)

Sarge_13
04-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Shit man I forgot you had a T56 in there LOL.

BTW, I am buying another truck

$750 L98
04-16-2010, 08:42 PM
LOL, I lurk more than I post - but I know stopsign has a serious car. Oh and he also knows how to stir the pot! Well played sir!

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I am not saying I will beat all 750s or even 600s but I know I outran that bike and that is all I'm saying.

ponygt65
04-16-2010, 08:52 PM
LOL, I lurk more than I post - but I know stopsign has a serious car. Oh and he also knows how to stir the pot! Well played sir!pics of your third gen?

I am not saying I will beat all 750s or even 600s but I know I outran that bike and that is all I'm saying.
you'll take out a 600 I'm sure.

Sticks n Stones
04-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Sounds believable that the bike was caught unawares and/or was a inexperienced or scared rider who couldnt ride his bike to its potential in a straight line. Flat spot down the center of the tire gives that away- which as a rider, is why Stopsign posted that fact up.

Background to back up his claim from my own memory banks:

2002, friend of mine had a built to the hilt, fully ported, stroked, cam'd ZX-12 kawasaki (precursor to the ZX-14) that made 205rwhp and weighed 475 pounds. Guy is one of the best riders I have ever known. But that didnt keep him from losing to a Honda Accord that had nitrous during a freeway encounter. He kept his bike in 5th gear and wasnt able to catch the nitrous'd Accord until 155mph where he finally got into his power and went flying by- but not before the Honda tapped his brake light and took the win. He couldnt understand why I was so pissed at him for not pasting the cager: "Why? It's not like he was actually faster than me." I've met alot of riders with that thought process.

Other instance was me getting beat by a 09 GSXR750 on the freeway when he caught up to me and paced me in 1st gear: I slowed down to 50 to talk and started downshifting: he took off. I only bothered to downshift to 3rd and he walked away... by 130mph I was noticeably closing the 6-8 car gap when he let up. Pissed at myself now, I got him to re race me from 45mph- and destroyed him. Point being, right gear is critical, even for a bike like mine that makes a massive 120ftlb of torque (twice what a GSXR 750 makes).

DiscerningZ32
04-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I was hoping this thread would deliver more, but Sarge spoiled the potential fun me thinks.
You're getting a truck Sarge? I thought you were going to get some other car a while back but you were being all secretive about it.

31camaro
04-16-2010, 09:20 PM

Have a good day.

let me take you back to school... he just admitted his horsepower which is a bit north of 400rwhp, still not enough to hang with a 750 gixxer FROM A ROLL EVEN... get your mind right before you come on here trying to act like you know wtf your talking about, and if he has owned gixxers before he should know he wouldnt even beat a 600 so go find somebody elses nuts to hang from

ponygt65
04-16-2010, 09:24 PM
let me take you back to school... he just admitted his horsepower which is a bit north of 400rwhp, still not enough to hang with a 750 gixxer FROM A ROLL EVEN... get your mind right before you come on here trying to act like you know wtf your talking about, and if he has owned gixxers before he should know he wouldnt even beat a 600 so go find somebody elses nuts to hang from

hmmm....interesting. So, all you care about is peak hp numbers eh? I'd be shocked if his car weighs over 3000#'s. That doesn't count for anything? What about the close ratio T56 over the old T5? what about his 4.10s over stock 3.27s (or 3.08s)? Dang n00bs. :bang:

Let's also not forgot Sarge has owned a gixxer himself. D'oh.

AznMuscle
04-16-2010, 09:36 PM
LOLS to this fucking thread. Good Kill Kevin.

ElkySS
04-16-2010, 09:46 PM
trust me noobs, dont keep posting. just walk away. this could get bad

blown03mustang
04-16-2010, 09:51 PM
good kill StopSign.....ive had a few 600s, and now on my k9 1000. im sure it was a legit race.

Sticks n Stones
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
StopSign: whats your best trap to date? or what do you think you setup at the time of the race was I should say?

To beat him legitly I would guess you would need to trap at least 140...

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 10:34 PM
StopSign: whats your best trap to date? or what do you think you setup at the time of the race was I should say?

To beat him legitly I would guess you would need to trap at least 140...

I haven't had this combination to the track yet. I have no idea what it will run really. I'd hope for a mid to low 11 with a trap speed around 120mph. No it wont beat all 600cc bikes or 750cc bikes however since I got the jump and the rider probably thought I had around 300rwhp or hell for all I know he might know nothing about cars in general and thinks Bike > Car, period (I used to race bikes on the street for money in cars) I can see what happened making sense. But he WAS ready and he WAS geared down. Anyone with a fast car against another fast car knows if one gets the jump over the other its not that easy to pull instantly. I was ready for the flames and I really don't care. Just thought it would make for a good thread and it was a funny kill.

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 10:37 PM

A 2008 Viper would crush my car also but if I ran across one that didn't think my car was worth gearing down to that extra gear and let me get the jump.....well I doubt he would catch up. Just something to think about. ;)

Sticks n Stones
04-16-2010, 10:50 PM
I hear ya stopsign. I normally would be the one to flame a bike verse car kill but you aint some wet behind the ears teenie noob so I gave you the nod.

Got a tuner friend of mine who is known as a guru over on the east coast for teaching guys how to drag race there bikes properly. Started with him taking there bikes and getting there best possible times, but he came to the conclusion that it wasnt HIM so much as it was THEM not operating the bike properly.

Know what his biggest surprise was? He started data logging all these guys whose bikes werent performing up to par: turns out all of them had numerous segments or whole runs where they were not going full throttle. To a man they denied it, but data loggers dont lie. Some had to go with 1/4 throttle kits (like I did with my 14) and the rest just learned to peg it and lean on it at the pegs to insure its WOT. And these are drag racers running 8's to low 9's: can you imagine how many street riders dont go WOT when they think they are WOT??? Eye opening if you think about it.

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about Sticks. When I was riding my 1k one of the things I noticed was that actually going WOT took ALOT of wrist turning to get to. Infact if you have your hands in the normal riding position you (or I atleast) could not go WOT. I had to put my wrist alittle more up/forward so I could hit WOT. Now I know a popular mod for Gixxer guys was a R1 throttle tube or something along those lines.

Sticks n Stones
04-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Got a friend who makes the 1/4 turn throttle kits, mine was $35 I believe. Let me know if you need one and I'll give you his info.

Gotta go watch a movie with the wife n kids: weather permitting it's opening day at Pacific Raceways tomorrow! Can't wait to get my damned baseline run done so I can put the 3400 stall in. Then the cam. Then the heads. I want to get times for each mod, since no one ever seems to do that kinda thing anymore (make posts showing each improvement).

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Oh I got rid of all my bikes. And I'm very happy I did! Make a thread of your results when you get back from running tomorrow. Post it in here as a "kill" lol that way Jay or Unit can't say you posted it in the wrong section.

Stopsign32v
04-16-2010, 11:17 PM
And where did all the haters go? :nono:

I have a N/A Mustang for Christ's sake....not like I can seriously outrun anything!

mrbigjeep
04-17-2010, 12:35 AM
LOL LOL LOL

what an awesome thread :D

Sarge_13
04-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Other instance was me getting beat by a 09 GSXR750 on the freeway when he caught up to me and paced me in 1st gear: I slowed down to 50 to talk and started downshifting: he took off. I only bothered to downshift to 3rd and he walked away... by 130mph I was noticeably closing the 6-8 car gap when he let up. Pissed at myself now, I got him to re race me from 45mph- and destroyed him. Point being, right gear is critical, even for a bike like mine that makes a massive 120ftlb of torque (twice what a GSXR 750 makes).
At first I was thinking you were in the GTO.....LOL
I was hoping this thread would deliver more, but Sarge spoiled the potential fun me thinks.
You're getting a truck Sarge? I thought you were going to get some other car a while back but you were being all secretive about it.
I wasn't being secretive, just trying to make up my damn mind lol. I need a truck but I'll get another fast car later on down the road. I always spoil the fun :(
Learn to read dumbass. I said clearly, "I'm sure he knew that 750 would ass rape him from a dig or roll." Now, please, go DIAF.
hmmm....interesting. So, all you care about is peak hp numbers eh? I'd be shocked if his car weighs over 3000#'s. That doesn't count for anything? What about the close ratio T56 over the old T5? what about his 4.10s over stock 3.27s (or 3.08s)? Dang n00bs. :bang:

The T5 has a closer ratio than the T56 IIRC. :confused:
I've owned a GSXR-1000, CBR1000RR, CBR600RR, and a ZX9R back in the day.
I like to think I know a thing or two about bikes ;)

Newskool Mach
04-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Nice kill there Stoppy! I love your threads, they bring all the tools out from under rocks. Then a big hilarious flamefest. I guess Sarge scared em off this time.:jest:

hugger1975
04-17-2010, 12:55 AM
:popcorn:

good stuff stopsign.

I8ASaleen
04-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Aw, the n00b bating stopped.

F8L BYT
04-17-2010, 02:57 AM

HAHAHA you fail worse than you did when you bought that LT1 you have... You should know about a car before you make assumptions and idiotic comments like you have in this thread..

Good kill Kevin, I dont doubt it at all... The 600/750's lose a lot of steam once they get up to higher speeds

WhitePhoenix99
04-17-2010, 03:04 AM
HAHAHA you fail worse than you did when you bought that LT1 you have...

Hey now. . watch the lt1 bashing will ya lol

Ke^in
04-17-2010, 07:13 AM

297? Try 400+

Ke^in
04-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Those numbers wont stay accurate long....if they are accurate to begin with. ;)

Last time I saw the numbers they were in the upper 400s..

necrocannibal
04-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Not trying to start anything but I find it funny as hell when a 450 ish rwhp guy comes on that isnt well known and says he beat a 600 or 750 and gets his ass blasted for it and noway he could outrun anything but when a known guy does the exact same thing everyone going "good Kill" "I can see that happening, nice". :lol:

Just saying

Ke^in
04-17-2010, 08:49 AM
I think the difference was the other guy said his car was faster than said bikes. I think that in this case, he just claimed to have won the race.

For example, I have in 2 occasions won a race with 1 stock 99 Z28, and one catback only 2001 Z28. My car however isn't faster than said cars. I just beat the drivers.

Stopsign32v
04-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Last time I saw the numbers they were in the upper 400s..

I put in a smaller cam for better streetability and fuel eco.

02 wife
04-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Where would Ls1 tech be without the Ford guys!

Ke^in
04-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't consider myself a "Ford" guy. I'm 37 and I have owned one Ford. Two if you count my wife's Mercury Tracer. I like, and have bought all kinds of cars with different brands. I've always liked the Mustang however. Not really a "Ford" thing IMHO.

Just like I like the Camaro and Vette, but not much else from GM.

Ju1ce
04-17-2010, 10:00 AM
297? Try 400+

I wish I could be as cool as stopsign.

Puck
04-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Not trying to start anything but I find it funny as hell when a 450 ish rwhp guy comes on that isnt well known and says he beat a 600 or 750 and gets his ass blasted for it and noway he could outrun anything but when a known guy does the exact same thing everyone going "good Kill" "I can see that happening, nice". :lol:

Just saying
There is a difference between beating someone and being faster then them.

He beat them fair and square, and was congratulated on it :). Just funny how some still don't know his sig is sarcasm, and assumes he is a slow 300rwhp stang.

Ju1ce
04-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Just funny how some still don't know his sig is sarcasm, and assumes he is a slow 300rwhp stang.

Actually it's not funny at all. What's funny is how if anyone else pulls that shit they get banned/threadlocked. Stopsign is allowed to cause shit with no reprecussion. Might as well start telling people he's pulling liter bikes with a prius in his sig, that's about how fast 99% of 5.0's are.

itsslow98
04-17-2010, 10:52 AM

Have a good day.

As much as I agree, does sound like your his gay boyfriend lol thats all. I almost bit the bullet a long time ago and called out his 297hp but i was like why whats the point.

Not to mention there are quite a few people on these boards who actually think they can beat bikes with slow cars so I cant blame a newb for calling someone out who has no idea about someone on the boards.......

Ju1ce
04-17-2010, 10:58 AM
If you n00bs werent such n00bs you would know I'm not a n00b. Do some research, n00bs. I just made this n00b screen name to screw with the n00bs that think I'm a n00b. Stupid n00bs and their lack of research skillz. Someday I'll be able to screw with the n00bs even more when I lie in my sig then call my friends to laff about the n00bs thinking my sig is legit.

92builtbird
04-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Actually it's not funny at all. What's funny is how if anyone else pulls that shit they get banned/threadlocked. Stopsign is allowed to cause shit with no reprecussion. Might as well start telling people he's pulling liter bikes with a prius in his sig, that's about how fast 99% of 5.0's are.

You overexaggerate to try to make a point, but really, you just sound like a douche bag.

ElkySS
04-17-2010, 12:27 PM
he does have a point. i think hes a little too worked up about it tho

31camaro
04-17-2010, 12:32 PM

umm gearing is nice and everything but if you knew your mouth from your asshole you would know that it takes raw power to beat a bike from A ROLL even.... so damn noobs that get on gm forums and try to call people out like they know what they are talking about

31camaro
04-17-2010, 12:43 PM

if i had the power to rephase this post it would read more along the lines of "..I outran that rider and that is all I'm saying." i bet your car is pretty fast and all, but come on to think you beat a 750 gixxer and gloat about it is just asinine with a low 400rwhp car at a 3200 pound race weight at that, and to the rest of you mustang fanboys your not proving a damn thing by coming on a gm forum and stiring the pot, its not cute, prove your shit talking on the street not on the internet

JayplaySS2
04-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Ladies, ladies...ladies