Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???? About Pulse Generators

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???? About Pulse Generators

I am in a little bit of a quandry and hope for some help here. I am working on my 70 Corvette. I need a VSS pulse generator for my LS swap. My trans is a Tremec (Ford) 5 speed by Keisler. I have a Dakota Digital SEN-01-2 that will work with the trans to make the signal that I can use. Thats all good. The problem is that I need a pass through to keep my stock speedometer working. I have an email sent to Dakota Digital asking if the generator for the SEN-01-4160 will mate up with the coupler from the SEN-01-2.

Coupler for SEN-01-2

SEN-01-4160

Does this make sense? Does it sound like it will work?

Last edited by Eddie 70; 04-16-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does your corvette by chance has cruise control?
If it does Keisler should have supplied you with an fitting on the transmission to attach your stock cable. Hook it up as you normally would and put the pulse generator up on the cruise tranducer cable connections. Even if that setup your looking at would work (and I don't think it will), I don't think you get it to fit down at the tranny
Old 04-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Joe,
Never really wanted cruise control but for this reason, I wish my car had cruise. So, no, there is no cruise on my vette. Not even sure you could get it in 1970. I too was worried about the setup up I mentioned above fitting in the tunnel. I am still looking at different things that may work. I saw last night on Jags That Run some 90 degree fittings that work at the trans. I may investigate that a little closer and see if they have one that will work on a Ford style trans.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey Eddie, saw your post on CF. Looks like all the DD VSS's are the same with just different adapters. When I got mine, I got a short cable to drive it because of lack of clearance. You dont even need the adapter with it. I'm sure they sell one for fords too. I'll bet the ford drive cabl will screw onto the GM pass thru VSS, then screw onto your GM speedo cable.
BTW, pretty much everyone who converted the TKO or 3550, and probably the T45 offer a ford to GM speedo output converter. Just another option.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Hey Gary!! I like the idea of the short ford cable. Wonder if DD sells one? That would work with the pass through and give me everything I need. I may just have to call them next week and see what I can work out with them.

Thanks for the idea.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just call these people up and tell them what type of cable and length you need. They will make it for you.

http://www.speedometerplus.com/speedometer_cable.htm
Old 04-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the link. I may have to use that. I've added it to my bookmarks.

Quick Reply: ???? About Pulse Generators