Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

some suspension questions.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some suspension questions.

hey everyone. i just purchased my 2002 ss. its got 42000 miles on it and the previous owner kept it as a show car. he drove it. but not all the time. i was just wondering if you all have noticed when going over speed bumps if the stock suspension seems as if something isn't tightened up in the rear. i've gone under there and cant find anything loose. maybe these cars are just like that? should i have the suspension greased up for it not being driven alot? any info would be great. thanks.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a chance you might have bad bushings in the LCA's or the PHB, but I'm assuming it's just the stock shocks, which aren't great even new.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

ok i was just wondering. it just seems as if thereis something hitting under there when going over bumps. what would you recommend as far as better shocks?
Old 04-19-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do you do with the car? What is your price range? These kinds of questions will help me (and others) help you out.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

well its my daily driver. i also like to take it to the strip every once and a while. tryin not to spend alot of money as i am goin to college right now. just looking to improve the suspension a little. maybe try and get rid of this rattling feeling from the back of the car.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I guess I'd suggest some Bilstein HD's in your situation, unless you have plans on lowering your car. They work well with your stock springs, will improve ride/cornering, but are great at absorbing bumps from what I've heard. Talk to Sam Strano to get his recommendation, and he sells the shocks too.

Hopefully that helps.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man i appreciate all your help. im going to look into that.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Like mentioned above...Seeing how the vehicle was not driven a lot. I would look into the condition of the bushings due to one of the biggest enemies is storing the vehicle, They will dry out and get brittle. That is why we always suggest a grease able bushing to recondition the bushing. Below is a link to show you what I am talking about.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...nshine6s4c0fb5

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: some suspension questions.