Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

Tom Henry SS history/production/etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tom Henry SS history/production/etc

Hey guys, thanks to a guy named Che emailing me photos of his #2 car, I finally got the inspiration to start my Tom Henry SS production page. If any of you are owners or know owners of these cars, please have them send me photos and a bit of information.

http://sites.google.com/site/branget...t/tom-henry-ss

View this page so you know how to email me and what I am looking for:
http://sites.google.com/site/branget...icsinformation Other than a few items I lack in [ ] brackets on the Tom Henry page, I only need this info and these photos of additional cars:

Information:

paint color name
interior color
engine information
specific options
production # if known
wheel information

Pictures:

3/4 front
3/4 rear
shot of a front wheel
interior from front 3/4
closeup pictures of any identifying markings (ex: GMMG cars usually have a production # on the rear view mirror or by the VIN # while Callaway cars usually have a plaque on the ashtray lid)
engine from 3/4
My friend Jim is the owner of http://www.gmmgregistry.com/, so you might want to register your Tom Henry SS with him as well. Owner information and such isn't something I am willing to keep track of. I only care about the long term accuracy of production records and other things that will not change over time.

Last edited by Brangeta; 04-20-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:45 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There was one that just ended on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tom-H...item2c53c6c2e2

EDIT: I suppose if I would have actually looked at your page I would have noticed you already seemed to have got information on this car.

Last edited by demonspeed; 04-21-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom Henry #28 Hugger Orange Car

I will send you some info. on the car give me a link to your email, I could not find it on your post.

Last edited by ZL1 #14; 04-21-2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

That car on ebay is #2 which is the feature car on my page.

My email address is brangeta (at) gmail.com

I'm really hoping somebody knows the owner of #3 the mystic teal one. I want pics of that one baddddd.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone else have anything to add? I only work on the site when the inspiration is hot, and after I make a few changes tonight or tomorrow night, I'm going to be laying this page to rest until I get inspired again, which won't be for weeks/months/years. I don't like to drag things out.

ZL1 #14-- Can you send me pics and info tonight? The only info I really need is concerning what phase the engine is, the hp/tq output, why it says 400 hp on the stripes, etc. The only pics I need are one of the interior and a better one of the rear.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Major updates are done. I practically have everything I need except 1) verification of what is in brackets [ ], 2) more cars that are not pictured, 3) I need a picture of a Tom Henry SS car cover.

http://sites.google.com/site/branget...t/tom-henry-ss
Old 05-02-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Absolutely massive updates have been done to the site over the past few days. The Tom Henry SS page is lookin' good!

I tried contacting Matt @ GMMG with the email address on gmmginc.net and it didn't work. I wanted to see if he could fact-check the site and provide me some pictures of cars I lack from the production list. Anybody know his email addy?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Site looks great! I'm sure that took a lot of time. That's got a lot of great info on it.

The only time I've ever contacted Matt was through the GMMG email address, but I haven't used it in a while. How about his cell? You can try that.

Have you also compared it to Jim's registry? That might help too.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

It took an incredible amount of time. Che and Doug put up with a lot of annoying photo requests from me, so I thank them for their time. My time spent sitting at the computer resizing photos, uploading them, sorting and typing all this stuff in my free time though... I probably have well over 15 hours put into creating this page (and the production sub-page)!

The phone really wouldn't do me any good--well it might, but I don't want to do it that way. I'd have to write things down, and it'd be kind of bothersome for him to have to think about all this stuff just off a spur of the moment question and go look up stuff. I'd rather email him and give him the ability to read the site and see what I need and then write back to me when he has time.

I used Jim's production info with his permission to fill in the large gaps. There's an error on both of our sites currently with regard to coupes and t-tops but we'll get that sorted out soon enough. I haven't consulted with Jim about some of the other cars missing from my site yet. I think he has pics of some of the other red Tom Henry SSes I don't.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

I understand! I can't imagine how much work it took. That's great that you got a lot of help though. If I find any old emails from Matt with a different address I'll let you know. Do you plan doing any other GMMG cars? Or just THs? I was just curious. I know your prob burnt out at the moment!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be doing them all eventually. The Berger SSes, Intimidator SSes, and 35th Anniversary Performance Editions will have fairly small sections though. I'm not interested in the slightest in trying to organize or collect images of each of them (particularly the 35ths and Intimidators since they all look alike for the most part). The Bergers are just far too numerous to even attempt through my efforts. I have pictures of the ones I liked the most, so that's what matters to me.

The ZL1 section will be the best. I already have collected pictures of at least 40 of the 69 over the years. The Dick Harrell section will be good too, but I'll need some help from others with picture submissions. I wasn't very thorough in collecting pics of those, but have pics of quite a few.

Some of the special GMMG cars I will need help on. For example, I know there was a '69 Lemans Blue one made that wears 35th Anniversary SS badges, but I don't believe it has any relation to any group of special cars. I think it was a one-off Matt did for someone who bought a navy blue Dick Harrell edition...?

'93-'97 Camaros are more of my specialty, the later stuff, particularly GMMG stuff except ZL1s were just a little outside my realm of collecting. My future Callaway section will blow most people's minds

wake00, if you'd like to provide me images of your cars in the future, I'd be interested in that. The feature cars require a lot of photos as this Tom Henry page proves. I'm a little picky about who I'll let be a feature car though. The photography has to be really good, the car can't have any aftermarket changes to it (which includes tires whenever possible--kind of have to be lenient on '93-'97 cars with that regard since they are getting so old), and I have to like the color of the car. I don't know what color your Dick Harrell Edition is, but if it's a non-standard paint color, I would be more interested in it than a GM 2002 paint colored one.

Can you email me or post some pics of your cars?

Last edited by Brangeta; 05-03-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

I think we might have something. I just sent me an email. If you didn't get it, just let me know.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Worthy of bringing this topic back from the dead...

I just did a massive update to the production list page by adding more pics and info. If you own or have pictures of a car I do not have represented, PM or email me. I spent 4 hours sorting through files and updating this, so I hope someone appreciates the effort!

https://sites.google.com/site/brange...t/tom-henry-ss
Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Love to see these special edition cars. Will be at the Berger chevy show this weekend. Sure to see a bunch of GMMG cars there but I wont forget my camera like I did a few years ago. I dont think I will see a Tom Henry car there, theyre pretty rare. A few(cell phone) pics from the 2010 show.
One of my favorites.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Brangeta, I appreciate the hard work and research you do to keep track of these cars. I love these special edition cars I wish I could afford one. You and Jim do a excellent job of putting the info out about them it's nice to let people growing up know about these cars.

Quick Reply: Tom Henry SS history/production/etc