How do you Americanize the British???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you Americanize the British???

you simply hand them a "ZetaR1"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlvQL...eature=related

best part at 4:32 "and those stupid flappy paddles" lol
Old 04-20-2010, 01:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Zed, not Zeta.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

you make them brush their teeth?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Zed, not Zeta.
Yep... It seems like every english speaking country in Europe, plus Autralia say "zed". Its not a ZR1, it's a Zed R1. It's not a 350z, its a 350 Zed.

Its not a check, its a cheque. Its not a tire, its a tyre.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Launching!

These guys are *** clowns, i thought the guy in the caddy was gonna wreck into the ZR1! lol
Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

exactly, cant even handle going in a straight line
Old 04-20-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The guy driving the CTS-V you are referring to (James) is known by the other 2 co-hosts as captain slow, because he sucks at driving, and is slow. Jeremy (the guy in the ZR1), is actually a pretty good driver. The guy in the Challenger is Richard. He is a talk show host pretty boy who is not very good at driving either. He is a big muscle car fan though.

The show is a great show between their three clashing personalities, and Jeremy's antics.

The show is kind of a hit or miss with Americans. They love to trash talk American cars. If an American car is perfect in every way, they will make something up to talk down about it. This pisses some people off, but others (like myself) find it pretty funny.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Launching!

I've watched it a few times, it is pretty entertaining for the most part, but yeah they dog american cars pretty hard (like every other Europeon). Richard can drive, ie the drifting footage, but the others are tool bags, but hey, you need tools to build a good show, right? lol
Old 04-20-2010, 04:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Yep... It seems like every english speaking country in Europe, plus Autralia say "zed". Its not a ZR1, it's a Zed R1. It's not a 350z, its a 350 Zed.

Its not a check, its a cheque. Its not a tire, its a tyre.
They say that for zero as well I thought. They spell color funny too
Old 04-20-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
They say that for zero as well I thought. They spell color funny too
They say nought for zero. You can hear them say "Nought to 60 takes 3 seconds" at 0:47.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Launching!

I work with quite a few "blokes" if you will from the UK. This show is as common as .....................uh...........2 1/2 men....Lost....House...etc etc over that way and they wall love it.
Its a weekly show, and i tend to like where other (americans) hate it. Im good with the skepticisim and hatred towards the american cars, simply because i know better.
FWIW i find Clarkson to be a hell of a driver, but they only really ever drive on the wide open airstrip where they film, and it allows for a lot of error, and sometimes a lack of skill to go un-noticed.

Alright now its story time. One of the said UK fellows i used to work with ( while he wont admit it) is in love with Clarkson. Now he used to bash my ***** all the time when i had my Firehawk, about how American cars are great and engineering marvels etc etc, but they cant handle blah blah blah. ( hes a 4 time WRX Sti Owner). But i digress.....anyways, he would feed me all this bullshit that clarkson would say about any and every American car to be put on the show.....little did he know, we had BBC America and i was an avid fan,Thus giving me ballbreaking return ammo.

Long story short, after this episode, he now all of a sudden thinks that he will buy himself a ZedR1 when he returns to the states, because Clarkson loved it.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1FAST02FORMULAHAWK
Long story short, after this episode, he now all of a sudden thinks that he will buy himself a ZedR1 when he returns to the states, because Clarkson loved it.
If you remember, Jeremy changed his mind about the ZR1 a couple of episodes later. While he still enjoyed driving it, he seemed to think quite a bit differently of it then when he was state-side.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I remember him saying something about the ride quality for DD. He says that about all American cars, including all vettes. This is my 3rd favorite show, behind 24 and Flash Forward of course.

Every culture makes fun of other cultures for comedy, I think those 3 are ******* hilarious. I hardly ever actually LOL, but this show, I will watch late at night and find myself rolling. Some of the stunts they pull MUST be staged.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Top Gear is the ****. Great show. On that episode, GM gave them those to cars to drive and test but Chrysler pulled out when they got to the states because of the bashing they do give American cars. So, Richard spent his own money and bought that Challenger.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Teching In

This show has got to be one of my favorites (despite the american bashing), but like others have said they do it in a comedic way.