Where exactly are my abs sensors located?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where exactly are my abs sensors located?

I have a 1999 Trans Am, and my abs inop light started coming on. I was told to check my sensors to make sure they aren't too dirty. I know they're on my wheels, but where EXACTLY? Also, what do they look like? Are there any other abs sensors other than the ones on the wheels?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Wheel speeds sensors...back side of the rotors near the dust shields or caliper brackets (i can't remember specifically)...only electronic plug in down there.

Is your 'e-brake' and 'traction control' light on as well? If all 3 are on, it's likely your ABS control module went bad.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert
Wheel speeds sensors...back side of the rotors near the dust shields or caliper brackets (i can't remember specifically)...only electronic plug in down there.

Is your 'e-brake' and 'traction control' light on as well? If all 3 are on, it's likely your ABS control module went bad.
abs inop and tcs off. No brake light. Also, when i start my car and start to drive, the lights go off, then at any time during my trip, i get low traction and my brakes SUCK, then the lights come back on.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What wheels/rims are you running? I heard some wheels trigger those lights.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01 ss vert

all 3 of mine are on where is the abs control module ?