Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

budget front adjustable coilover setup HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default budget front adjustable coilover setup HELP

Im am near completion setting up a budget suspention. So far this is what I have: A/C delete, stock powersteering, Umi k-mem & adjustable lower A-arms, Stock uppers, stock breaks, 3 way adjustable $42.99 competition engineering rear shocks, havent yet decided between stock v6/v8 springs for the rear since I have a t-top well sub box with 2 heavy 12" subs and 2 big amps, battery is also located in the rear.

The car should be making 450 rwhp/rwtq na. and planning on spraying 100 shot off the line and another 100 at 60' or once I grab 2nd. It a 6 speed car and has a 12 bolt with 373 gears, big sway bar and panhard bar, and umi adjustable torque arm w/tunnel brace & loop.

Basically I will be driving the car when ever it's nice out and going to the track every other weekend. I wish i had the $$$ for a double adj strange coilover setup but I dont.

I'm wondering if anyone runs a budget coilover setup for the front that will allow me to adjust to a drag style compression/rebound and then back to a more streetable style?

Also do you guys think I have too much weight in the back with the subs/amps/battery to run v6 springs or would I be better off goin with stock
v8 springs, or any other sugestions you might have would be great?

Pics will be up as soon as parts get back from the powdercoater.

Thanks everyone for any advice or past expierences with a similar setup.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would still recommend the Strange units just do the single adjustable versus the doubles and save you the extra money.

The Strange coilovers along with a 300 or 325 pound front spring will work well at the track and still be plenty streetable.

As far as the rear springs I would recommend running the factory V-8 not the V-6 springs. If you need to lower the car slightly in the rear you can always do the "heater hose mod" and that will lower the rear approximatley 1/2"
Old 04-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Thanks Lee,

Anyone else have any suggustions or advice on what you have done in the past. Also if 60' times with 6 speed would be great.

thanks guys

Quick Reply: budget front adjustable coilover setup HELP