Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumbler vs loudmouth ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumbler vs loudmouth ?

I was looking to get rid of my mac catback on my Z-28 and get either the rumbler or the loudmouth. My wife wants it loud so I told her we could get another catback and see how she likes it. I am planning on doing long tubes maybe this winter comming up unless i get into some $ this summer. I been listening to the cars on youtube and ls1sounds.com and I like the way the rumbler sounds and it is almost half the cost of the loudmouth I know the loudmouth is stainless steel but I am trying to save some $ right now and if we didnt like the sound of the rumbler we could just change the bullet muffler for a dyno-max or borla bullet or even the slp bullet from what I been reading. If i can get any input it will be helpful. thanks
Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MR01Z28
I was looking to get rid of my mac catback on my Z-28 and get either the rumbler or the loudmouth. My wife wants it loud so I told her we could get another catback and see how she likes it. I am planning on doing long tubes maybe this winter comming up unless i get into some $ this summer. I been listening to the cars on youtube and ls1sounds.com and I like the way the rumbler sounds and it is almost half the cost of the loudmouth I know the loudmouth is stainless steel but I am trying to save some $ right now and if we didnt like the sound of the rumbler we could just change the bullet muffler for a dyno-max or borla bullet or even the slp bullet from what I been reading. If i can get any input it will be helpful. thanks
I would say SLP Loudmouth 1 because its stainless steel and I'm bias cause I have it on my WS6. Its louder than stock and once you get into about 1500 RPM you get the deep drone sound inside thats amazing!! WOT to me is Great but it doesn't seem much louder than stock. All around SLP loudmouth 1 is deeper than stock and has more ***** to it I love it. You can change the SLP loudmouths to Borlamouth, Dynamouth, Magnamouth and I have read you can put a Sweet Thunder bullet(Thundermouth?) in too if you don't like the sound but I think most people would on a stock car. Once you add headers people start saying its too loud and raspy but thats just opinions while some people love it. If it get to where you think its too loud just put SLP Powerflo conversion on. You can talk to Detoxx about that he has it and apparently loves it. Personally I cant wait till I do headers on mine and I'm going to add a Borla XR-1 Bullet to it cause it sounds sick(Detoxx on youtube)! Compared to TSP Rumbler I cant say much cause I have never heard it. I just know its cheaper but not stainless steel. I was in the same debate but I went on and spent the extra for Loudmouth.

Last edited by mesterious; 04-21-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks I will do more thinking about it. lol In a way I want to make my wife happy but keep it cheaper. But i want it to last so I am leaning more to the loudmouth. I am planning on doing the pacesetter longtubes and off road y so I know it will be alot louder then when I first put it on with the stock manifolds and y-pipe. thanks for your input
Old 08-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the loud mouth with stock manifolds and stock y pipe isn't that loud look for a used one you can pick one up on here for around 250 to 200 ,mine was pretty quiet till the longtube pace setters and tsp ory then it gets loud, if you want it to be loud I would say longtubes ory slp lm1, and throw a cut out on and you should have a pretty loud car , throw a good size cam with 112 lsa and your car will sound great
Old 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Loudmouth 2 sounds better imo. Has a deeper and more aggressive tone while still being very loud; plus they don't sound like garbage with LT's.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

TSP's Rumbler Catback comes with a Dynomax Bullet muffler.

The Loudmouth & Rumbler catbacks are virtually the same systems, 1's stainless and the other's not but im sure you can run both mufflers on either system as well as various other mufflers on there.

The 1 thing you need to take into consideration is, what kind of weather do you deal with year round? If you see alot more rain and snow, then go with the stainless system. If you really dont, then save some cash and go the cheaper route. Ill probably be buying the Rumbler catback, to go the cheaper route. Otherwise, ill maybe go Powerflo or just save and buy the GMMG.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

both have almost the same sound.
i got the rumbler, mainly for the price difference.(it's cheaper)

Last edited by 01'SSLSX; 09-03-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mesterious
I would say SLP Loudmouth 1 because its stainless steel and I'm bias cause I have it on my WS6. Its louder than stock and once you get into about 1500 RPM you get the deep drone sound inside thats amazing!! WOT to me is Great but it doesn't seem much louder than stock. All around SLP loudmouth 1 is deeper than stock and has more ***** to it I love it. You can change the SLP loudmouths to Borlamouth, Dynamouth, Magnamouth and I have read you can put a Sweet Thunder bullet(Thundermouth?) in too if you don't like the sound but I think most people would on a stock car. Once you add headers people start saying its too loud and raspy but thats just opinions while some people love it. If it get to where you think its too loud just put SLP Powerflo conversion on. You can talk to Detoxx about that he has it and apparently loves it. Personally I cant wait till I do headers on mine and I'm going to add a Borla XR-1 Bullet to it cause it sounds sick(Detoxx on youtube)! Compared to TSP Rumbler I cant say much cause I have never heard it. I just know its cheaper but not stainless steel. I was in the same debate but I went on and spent the extra for Loudmouth.
You might be the only person that likes the drone. I hate it. LM1 is good with stock manifolds, but *** with LTs, IMO.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black00Z
You might be the only person that likes the drone. I hate it. LM1 is good with stock manifolds, but *** with LTs, IMO.
No I'm not. I know many people that like drone and rasp, the things that other people hate. To each his own.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

LM1 w/ LTs would be raspy with an ory. Maybe just put cats on it?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

LM all the way; I'm partial to stainless though.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Does stainless steel give the exhaust note a different tone? or is it just better for rust protection.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just installed the Rumbler with the BBK Headers, VERY happy with the results I like others went with the rumbler over the LM simply because of the price because they are basically the same other then the things mentioned. In either case you cant go wrong with either of them.