Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap wiring question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Swap wiring question...

Okay I am making my harness and just have a couple small issues to double check.

2001 LQ4 harness
1999 Trans Am PCM

FIRST (ignition)

Now on my truck Harness I have 2 PCM ignitions, on the Trans am PCM it shows only to use 1 (19 PNK 439 PCM Ignition Supply) I also have on the truck harness (75 PNK 1020 PCM Ignition Supply) Do I still use both as PCM ignitions?

Second (Oxygen sensor)

For my o2 wiring it shows on the swap guide to keep these but I have my o2s already layed out and looked at the diagram and it doesnt show these ones anywhere..

RED CONNECTOR

PIN 80 LT GRN 3212 HO2S Heater Low Reference (w/isolated grounded sensors (2001-02 6.0L Only)
PIN 74 LT GRN/WHT 3213 HO2S Heater Control (w/isolated grounded sensors) (2001-02 6.0L Only)

I am going to be wiring just standard 4 wire O2 sensors LT1 sensors since I have them.

Third(TCC BRAKE SWITCH)

Does this have to be hooked up?? I am running a manual valve body, or does it always need to be hooked up?
BLUE CONNECTOR Pin 33 - Purple - TCC Brake Switch

Thanks for any help!

Jay

Last edited by jay_rich; 04-21-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Set your connector pinouts to match your PCM. If that requires removing wires, do so

B19 is the PCM IGN you need, remove B75

HO2s need to be re-ran with the LS1 or older case grounded O2s. You will see very quickly the difference in the O2 wiring as the newer tan wires all group together at one common point while the older case grounded O2s have individual circuits to the PCM. Just a passing tip, but the 4 wire flat O2s common on LSx trucks and older S10s are the cheapest O2s that work with LSx engines and are very prevalent in JYs so you dont kill new sensors on fresh headers

LT1 sensors are the same and will work fine

Brake switch is used for converter lockup disengagement. If you're not using the function you can delete it, but leaving it wont hurt. Its a good source for one of the brake signals if you plan on adding cruise later
Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well lets do this backwards.... for ? three... tcc brake switch is the torque converter lock up ... I understand you have a manual body, so hooking it up would be the best that way when you are on the highway it can lock up properly....

the second ... I am not really sure since I converted the oem harness into a stand along so the 02 wiring was already there....

and the 1st you have to connect both ignitions into the trucks pcm or it wont run...
Old 04-21-2010, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry shoulda added TH400, NONE lockup haha.

and for the 2nd ignition i am using a 1999 F-body PCM (will it hurt anything if I hook both ignitons up like the truck harness has?)

Okay so the green wires that is on the truck wiring harness for O2's can be deleted.

Jay
Old 04-24-2010, 06:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Pocket said, your wiring and pinouts must match the computer you are using, regardless of engine.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry shoulda added TH400, NONE lockup haha.

and for the 2nd ignition i am using a 1999 F-body PCM (will it hurt anything if I hook both ignitons up like the truck harness has?)

Okay so the green wires that is on the truck wiring harness for O2's can be deleted.

Jay
You mean non-lockup

Id still run the brake wire in case you need to do a relearn. Rest of the trans wiring can be removed. VSS must remain

I wouldnt run the 2nd IGN and its not IGN anyways, its OFF/RUN/CRANK voltage. That means 12v in all positions except ACCY. Its closer to 12v battery than 12v IGN. Remove it when using a Fbody PCM

Quick Reply: Swap wiring question...