Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painting door jambs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Painting door jambs?

Ok, pretty easy question here for the body guys. A good friend/neighbor of mine is going to be repainting my car. Keep in mind he is doing this purely out of the kindness of his heart at zero charge to me other than materials. However, this will only be on the outside surfaces of the car. It is not a total color change, but I am going from the plain factory black to a pearl black and was wondering if I decide it bothers me that the door jambs/under the tops/the jambs around the hatch don't quite match if there is any problem with doing them later as either my own project or having a shop do that part. I do realize the paint will still not match perfectly. I am ok with that. Really that part of the car doesn't need to be perfect and if the discrepancy isn't obvious I'll probably just leave it because the paint in there is decent. I pretty much just want to know if there is any reason why I shouldn't consider it as an option to do later.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've painted several black cars black metallic and never done the jambs, most people never notice. I wouldn't worry about it if it were mine
Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Works for me. This is a blue pearl though so I was wondering if that would make it stand out. The pearl is only even visible in certain light though I suppose.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could just do the part where the sill plate and door striker are, as thats pretty much all youll be able to see pearl reflect. You could do the pretty easy, just make sure that you use the green 3M tape when you stick it on your freshly painted quarter panels.

Quick Reply: Painting door jambs?