PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to buy new factory pcm or used one...where???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 07:47 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need to buy new factory pcm or used one...where???

I am having my 2000 camaro retuned and want to save the stock computer (has MTI tuning, runs well). Adding some stuff plus nitrous, getting it retuned, want a separate computer. Where can I get a stock new one or a used one. Also, will any 98-02 computer work, or just same year? Thanks

SDB
Old 01-07-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try valvegod@aol.com and a pcm from a 98 won't work in your car.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

why not keep your current ECM, save the MTI tune, and retune from there?
Old 01-08-2004, 12:50 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just found that I can buy a new one for $143... so I will just get a brand new one for the new round of tuning. I just assumed that MTI "locked" their tune like Ed Wright does...I would!! I like the current tune, but since I went from the small B1 cam to the X1 cam, added underdrive pulley, opend up the exhaust, restalling the converter, adding nitrous, adding intank Walboro with hotwire kit, voltblaster, timing tuner, TR6 plugs, fresh wires, etc., I think I can get a little more with fresh tuning. THe car runs fine now, which is why I would not want to flash the MTI tuning out and not be able to have it in case something goes wrong with current tuning, or if I ever go to a 422/427 cube motor at MTI, I would like to keep their tuning for them to upgrade. Thanks for the responses. I feel that $143 is a small price to pay to be able to keep the MTI tune and have a fresh one as well.

SDB
Old 01-08-2004, 12:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
I just found that I can buy a new one for $143... so I will just get a brand new one for the new round of tuning. I just assumed that MTI "locked" their tune like Ed Wright does...I would!! I like the current tune, but since I went from the small B1 cam to the X1 cam, added underdrive pulley, opend up the exhaust, restalling the converter, adding nitrous, adding intank Walboro with hotwire kit, voltblaster, timing tuner, TR6 plugs, fresh wires, etc., I think I can get a little more with fresh tuning. THe car runs fine now, which is why I would not want to flash the MTI tuning out and not be able to have it in case something goes wrong with current tuning, or if I ever go to a 422/427 cube motor at MTI, I would like to keep their tuning for them to upgrade. Thanks for the responses. I feel that $143 is a small price to pay to be able to keep the MTI tune and have a fresh one as well.

SDB
that is definately a good price, but, it would buy alot of beer when you can simply save the file with EDIT (if it isn't locked, just try to read it first)
Old 01-08-2004, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Where did you find a new pcm for $143?