Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LSnub

Old 04-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSnub

Just posting to say hi, Ford man here, had them my entire life, ( /waits for the ridicule and jokes to end)
I was instructed to check out your site from a friend to get some questions answered and to do some research. So, without further delay, ill give you my short reason and list of questions which lead me here !

Ok, so i have plans to head to cali end of summer, and im not really finding the type of mustang i wanted so i thought about maybe going to the darkside and considering a Camaro or T/A

Now, im completly ignorant of these cars. I couldnt tell you the difference between a 70's small block chevy to a LT 1 to a LSwhatever .

So lets go with the basics, Without crazy mods are they reasonably reliable?
Im lookin for a fun Daily Driver, not a full blown race car. From engine bay shots ive seen, they look like hell to work on.

Any super common issues to look for if i go to look at a few, IE common rust spots or known problems like i would find like on typical fox body

What can i expect or should i be looking at if i want to stay in the 6-7k range?

Ideally i would want to find a T-Top and a 6speed with a cold air kit, full exhaust,a gear, and a tune ( thats what i would want in a Mustang Notch) Im assuming those are the same basic beginner mods for the camaro

Would that be askin to much, It really makes no matter to me, Camaro SS/Z28/TA/WS6 i have no real preference other then the requirements above.

I quess im partial to manual tran's because i find them fun to drive and well fox auto's tend to suck, How are the auto's in these cars, if their decent do they vary much in price vs a similiar stick car?

Any other advice you feel like sharing is welcome, Ive never owned anything but a ford my entire life

Now, before you flame me horribly, i have read most of the faq I understand the Trans question is a debatable subject, But, having no experiance with them at all, id like to hear your Personal Opinions or experiances especialy if you have any personal experiance with a ford to compare em to

Search this Thread