Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Eibach lowering springs killing me

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Eibach lowering springs killing me

Ok so I have eibach lowering springs on my car now with some relocated trailing arms, bilstein shocks, and panhard bars. The car really pulls the nose up when you get on it from a roll and really puts you back in the seat from a dig so I was just wondering if I changed out the lowering springs to some v6 fbody springs or eibach drag launch springs how much would that help my 1/4 mile time? O I ran a 2.37 60 ft my first time at the track and I was on some rinkin raptors and spinning most of first.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quick SSilver 98
Ok so I have eibach lowering springs on my car now with some relocated trailing arms, bilstein shocks, and panhard bars. The car really pulls the nose up when you get on it from a roll and really puts you back in the seat from a dig so I was just wondering if I changed out the lowering springs to some v6 fbody springs or eibach drag launch springs how much would that help my 1/4 mile time? O I ran a 2.37 60 ft my first time at the track and I was on some rinkin raptors and spinning most of first.
You might have to get rid of the raptors and get some 285 nitto's I'll bet you hook then.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are going to have a difficult time hooking a 6 speed car on anything but a full slick or ET Street(not the radial). The lowering springs are not the ideal setup for drag racing, but the tires are what's "killing you" at the moment. How much racing do you plan on doing?
Old 05-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 5.3LJimmy
You are going to have a difficult time hooking a 6 speed car on anything but a full slick or ET Street(not the radial). The lowering springs are not the ideal setup for drag racing, but the tires are what's "killing you" at the moment. How much racing do you plan on doing?
As much as I can at the strip and when ever a good street race comes up I usually bite . I just picked up some MT ET street radials and im going to head back to the track as soon as I can to see what I run. I knew the tires were killing me but I was just wondering if the suspension is killing me as well. Hell I ran the MT on the street for about a week and the car hooks of the line at 3500 RPM and my 1-2 shifts dont spin a bit, all it does now is put me back in the seat
Old 05-16-2010, 06:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck on the 10 bolt
Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Eibach springs on my old formula, and my BEST 60FT was a 2.05. It was a stick car, and have street tires, but i was constantly battling tire spin vs. bogging.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
Good luck on the 10 bolt
I know and I am just wanting this 10 bolt to last me till this winter then im going to build it up, or try to find a cheap used 9 or 12 bolt. If it breaks it breaks im not to worried about it just gives me an excuse to build it better. lol I usually dont fix something if its not broken.

Quick Reply: Is Eibach lowering springs killing me