Sponsored by:

LS3/4L70E into C4 Codes/Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3/4L70E into C4 Codes/Problems

Hello everyone,

My LS3 swap has been running for a couple of weeks now and a few issues have come up... It is a new bone stock GMPP crate motor and all of the sensors and accessories are new. The wiring harness is from Current Performance and I am using the E67 ECM..

Problem 1: My DBW pedal intermittently refuses to respond. It usually works great but sometimes the car just coasts and I have to rapidly pump the pedal to get it to respond. Once it does it's usually fine for the rest of the drive. I have done a few searches on here but haven't found anyone with a similar problem.

Problem 2: Every now and again the car is hard to start. I have to keep cranking or stop and crank again for it to start. Sometimes when it does this the car will have a rough idle (sounds like it has a cam) and I need to give it some throttle to smooth it out.

Problem 3: Rarely the starter solenoid just clicks and I need to turn the key rapidly so the starter kicks in.

The car also has the following codes:

P0036 HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0056 HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 2)
P0053 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0054 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P0059 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 2, Sensor 1)
P0060 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 2, Sensor 2)
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0315 Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned
P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

This is the first LS motor that I have owned and I appreciate the help.

Last edited by Agent13; 04-24-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Sounds as tho you may have wiring/ ground issues. Check ALL grounds/connectors, run a crank relearn.
Datalogging may help pinpoint, or at least point you in the right direction.
Remember, U R dealing w/ a "plastic car" that has a totally different ground system vs a steel body car!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are having pedal issues and no codes for the etc system, it is not a good thing at all. I hope whoever tuned the pcm didn't remove any safeguards that are built into the etc system or you could have yourself a Toyota. I agree with the ground suggestion because they can cause some very weird problems.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Agent13
Hello everyone,

My LS3 swap has been running for a couple of weeks now and a few issues have come up... It is a new bone stock GMPP crate motor and all of the sensors and accessories are new. The wiring harness is from Current Performance and I am using the E67 ECM..

Problem 1: My DBW pedal intermittently refuses to respond. It usually works great but sometimes the car just coasts and I have to rapidly pump the pedal to get it to respond. Once it does it's usually fine for the rest of the drive. I have done a few searches on here but haven't found anyone with a similar problem.

Problem 2: Every now and again the car is hard to start. I have to keep cranking or stop and crank again for it to start. Sometimes when it does this the car will have a rough idle (sounds like it has a cam) and I need to give it some throttle to smooth it out.

Problem 3: Rarely the starter solenoid just clicks and I need to turn the key rapidly so the starter kicks in.

The car also has the following codes:

P0036 HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0056 HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 2)
P0053 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0054 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P0059 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 2, Sensor 1)
P0060 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 2, Sensor 2)
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
P0315 Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned
P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

This is the first LS motor that I have owned and I appreciate the help.
How about some pics of that bad boy, I have been kicking around a LQ9 swap into a C4, also, did you sort out your issues w/ the DBW pedal?

Quick Reply: LS3/4L70E into C4 Codes/Problems