Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem after LT's, ORY

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem after LT's, ORY

now seems like under low rpms my car will miss, stutter and backfire....could this be a possible 02 sensor problem or something?

btw, i deleted all the EGR and air stuff...dont know if this could be the prob?
Old 04-25-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Did you replace your plugs when you did the LT install? TR5's?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nope kept the stock plugs...I got the TR6's layin around but not planning on goin with nitrous anytime soon so I just kept the stock ones in...
Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SVThis
Nope kept the stock plugs...I got the TR6's layin around but not planning on goin with nitrous anytime soon so I just kept the stock ones in...
i had the same problem, took it to a maechanic and scanned the codes, told me #6 plug was shot. Thru in a new plug and now all is well. Not hard to crack a plug when your crammin the headers in there. Check the plugs first! good luck
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

+2 check plugs and wires first...... I had a cyl miss and could only tell under low rpms..... drove fine up top....
Old 04-27-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

aight ill try that...thanx guys
Old 04-27-2010, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Check for cracked plugs. Are the headers painted? I know I was told that Pacesetter painted headers were bad about peeling on the inside and messing up O2 sensors.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

i had this same problem...i replaced my plugs and put on some MSD wires and the problem didn't go away...I spent a month checking and rechecking everything...took my intake back out (LS6 swap) and checked the vaccum lines and gaskets....took the spark plugs twice and checked them...and I couldn't find the problem. checked my spark plugs this weekend again and found cracks in 2 of my plugs....i never saw them before but my hands were a little dirty and with the dirt and grease on the plugs i went to wipe them off and the dirt showed up in the cracks of the plugs. i also noticed that one of my wires was pretty black around where it connects to the plug....so I bought some new spark plugs and OEM wires and now she pulls hard with no problems. So I would most definately check/replace your plugs and possibly wires.

And IMO do not buy MSD wires....the fitment was horrible. The boots for the spark plugs seemed a little too long and a couple of them wanted to touch my headers.