Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC stage 3+ clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEC stage 3+ clutch

is anybody running one of these clutches on their DD? i need a new clutch pretty bad but my question is, do you like it for a street/weekend clutch or should i get something else? and should i really buy a aluminum flywheel to go with the new clutch? any advice would be awesome.

thanks guys
Old 04-26-2010, 05:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchie94
is anybody running one of these clutches on their DD? i need a new clutch pretty bad but my question is, do you like it for a street/weekend clutch or should i get something else? and should i really buy a aluminum flywheel to go with the new clutch? any advice would be awesome.

thanks guys
I have the clutch, hate it . Cant get into gears at high RPMS is the main reason, and release isnt as smooth as they advertise , its sensitve and when its cold out it makes a realy annoying/embarrassing screaching noise. But it does grab like hell as long as you granny shift at under 5k.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have about 700 miles on mine. It "growled" as mentioned for about the first 400 miles but seems to be going away with more miles. My engagement is smooth and progressive - not like the RAM Dual I was running but pretty good. I went with the aluminum flywheel and it's fine for the street but this is in a 427. I also run an adjustable stock master cylinder.