Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minimum circuits for swap

Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Minimum circuits for swap

I am putting a 6.0L with MP T-76 in a 89 RS Camaro. I have a complete 02 Camaro harness that I have gone thru and labeled every circuit. I have read which wires require 12v to get the engine to run and I feel pretty confident that I have that part under control. My question is which circuits do I need to keep because some of the circuits that I have identified I don't know what they do. When I search I don't find what I'm looking for because I don't see them listed that way in any of the threads. Some will list them as optional but I just wondered if I would be loosing anything by opting not to use them.

The car had a 454 BBC in it when I got it so it is kind of like putting this engine into an old hot rod because so much had already been removed. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Here you go

Old 04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

So if I understand you correctly everything shown in the diagram is required? That being said let me ask a few more questions about what a few of these are.

Can you tell me what these are and what they do (ALDL, ECT, VSS)? Also my car has the current fuel pump wired to the ignition switch. Should I leave it there once I change pumps or wire it through the harness? I'm running TH400 tranny, where do I get the signal for the p/neutral input? Would that be a switch on the factory shifter? Thanks for diagram BTW!!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Everything shown is required. You could potentially knock off a few more with a SD tune and eliminating PCM control items, but your tune and loadout would have to match

The acronyms are for the common sensors of the engine. Check the FAQ. I wouldnt suggest splitting the harness open to remove bits without having a very solid knowledge of each and the purpose

P/Neutral is on the shifter regardless of auto trans type
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Thanks again dude. I can't find ALDL but I believe I know what it deals with. Whish me luck.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALDL and the DLC are the same thing. They are the connector under the dash that you connect the scan tool to.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 67 Posts

You can eliminate the MAF and run it in speed density mode in the PCM file. Cleans up the air inlet tract/plumbing.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

I'm really looking forward to getting this thing going. Thanks again!!

Search this Thread